Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. He's older, but he's young enough to have stuff in the tank. I was interested in keeping Peppers with legit ends on the other side. Now they get a younger better end at a cheaper price to play that role.
  2. I think he was consensus better than Peppers and pretty decent. Not a stud, but good.
  3. I mean, sure, but Angelo "fixed" the o-line as well at one point. The problem is he thought it was fixed for good when he did that and it broke in a hurry. The Bears still need to keep drafting offensive linemen early.
  4. 4/32 15.5m guaranteed. Could be 3/24 if voided down (no idea what that means)
  5. Wrigley's seats are much closer now though, right?
  6. it's that time of year (condo selling time)
  7. apropos of nothing I just saw David Stern on the street chatting up a random guy. I've seen him before with a mini-entourage but he was solo this time. Is he retired yet?
  8. I've seen numerous "get well" type messages from other beat writers the past year or two but never knew anything specific. I also didn't know he was only 58.
  9. The NL average was .315, the Cubs were .300 (14th). In 2000 the average was .342 and the Cubs were .335 (10th).
  10. Don't know what you mean by an either/or thing. The point kyle made was that while it's cool the Cubs have power in the minors it is surprising and kind of bizarre that three years into an Epstein era this team is going to be bad at getting on base. Probably their best guy at getting on base last year was the aforementioned Castillo.
  11. Only 58 and apparently had already battled back from a stroke and some other issues.
  12. Did Tim Sassone die? Chris Kuc and Bruce Miles have tweeted about "missing him already". Welp, seems like that is the case:
  13. This Teuvo talk is already quite overwhelming, I can only imagine it will be dwarfed by Javy talk whenever that day comes.
  14. Hope not. But that lead is, 1-1
  15. Cubs are playing and winning. 1-0 after 1 on a Donnie Murphy GB that scored Bonifacio, who tripled.
  16. Hope Jay can afford a doctor visit for his kid now.
  17. Just as long as that topic is missed draft picks by the Bears.
  18. sure... don't see why not...
  19. while some people value consistency, I think it has a big downside.
  20. New York Mets ‏@Mets 4m That was unintended. We're glad he struck out the side. #DiceK New York Mets ‏@Mets 15m Dice-KKK off to a quick start. He strikes out the side in the first inning. #NYMvsSTL
  21. Oh come on, my 77-year old grandmother knows how to use Excel and has been using it for about five years. Is she out on the road, scouting the next generation of hurlers?
  22. sports business journal?
×
×
  • Create New...