Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. I'm amazed this lineup occasionally scores a lot in one game.
  2. They will see plenty of time.
  3. I'd be interested to see what his numbers looked like behind a better line. He's posted a steady 4.5 or so yards per carry each year and the Bear lines have been pretty abysmal. It would depend on the rest of the talent in the draft, but if Forte is a 5ish ypc guy behind a good line for 6+ years, that'd be hard to pass up. He's on the low end of what I'd want, though. I'd definitely hope I was getting more of a Peterson or Charles type. They've been horrible in pass protection but he's had run blockers before. And a true stud doesn't need to rely on a great line. Peterson would have been fine with Chicago. If you can't be a beast when everybody knows you're getting the ball, you aren't a first round stud.
  4. That's a good get. Agreed. Of the guys who've signed, he seems the most likely to make the team next season. Another LB signed - DeDe Lattimore, LB, South Florida. I want lynch just because this offense needs a shifty little [expletive] to make plays.
  5. His perceived needs, not yours. The point is if you treated the value right you shouldn't have to forgive punts and Hardins and mcclellins. Emery does a lot of things really well, but I hate how he treats drafts. Missed opportunities and tunnel vision.
  6. This will be really interesting - maybe the most interesting storyline in next year's draft (and far better than the Manziel story this year). Stud RBs are still clearly very valuable in the NFL (Peterson, Forte, Charles, etc) and I think a stud RB is worth a 1st round pick (and probably a high 1st). However, you better be certain that RB is a stud if you're going to use that pick on him. Is Gurley truly a stud back and will a team take that gamble? It'll be interesting to see, I think. I wouldn't pick a forte clone early in the first.
  7. I think a true stud rb isn't dropping out of top half. You don't pay them much and burn through 3 affordable years with ease.
  8. I am Enzo, the baker.
  9. This line is going to regress in a hurry. Next season emery will have to find a new need to obsess over. I don't see the line as regressing more so than most of our roster. It has plenty of youth on it, with Emery committing plenty of resources to it since he's been here. Garza is the next out, but we hopefully have an experienced vet waiting in the wings in de la Puenta. Bushrod could decline, or Mills or Long could fail to progress, but NFL rosters are always in a constant state of decline. You make it sound like a bad thing that Emery has each season consistently addressed the biggest needs, and really I think has done so in a way to hedge both short term improvement and long term stability. I do not think you can have long term success by obsessing over need in the draft, doubling and tripling up at positions of need, drafting punters, and otherwise not taking advantage of value in drafts.
  10. I will never not confuse steltz and conte.
  11. This line is going to regress in a hurry. Next season emery will have to find a new need to obsess over.
  12. You're insane. They have a 14 man staff, no hope to contend, overused him last game. It is mind boggling that you would pretend that is conservative for conservative sake. It's stupid negligent managing. Maybe they want to trade him to a football team.
  13. On the heels of a 126-pitch outing. You really think it's egregious that he pitches at all after the rain delay? If they have him throw 110 pitches tonight I can see being upset, but he'd only thrown 23 pitches through 2 and he's more than capable of staying warm for a 1 hour delay without killing his ability to pitch further. It's not the "ability" to pitch further that matters. 23 regulation pitches plus all the warm ups and no way to maintain the "warmth" of pitching while in rain delay. It's dumb.
  14. On the heels of a 126-pitch outing. Tjs within the year
  15. Ugh, stupid need obsession ignoring value. To grab a guy that appears to have fallen? I'm not fretting over a 5th next year. You can always recoup that pick. Not when you've shown zero ability to judge value of draft picks. Good teams trade down and stockpile.
  16. Ugh, stupid need obsession ignoring value.
  17. I don't like that this is considered a plan. Slaves to need i think it's ok when the team can contend for a superbowl by addressing said needs. i agree that long term i always want the best value but this team has got a legitimate window. I hope they aren't viewing this as a window.
  18. http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/videos/Bear-Down-of-Week-11-Bass-pick-six/21552786-30ce-4eaa-9913-c0e700c1ba63 You don't remember his huge taint?
  19. I don't like that this is considered a plan. Slaves to need
  20. Latimer went to Denver? Sounds like a good weapon.
×
×
  • Create New...