Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. How does that make him a bad example? Because he isn't perfect?
  2. Trade Questioned in connection to a double homicide. There's nothing illegal about killing hopes and dreams.
  3. Oh that's right, the reputation was that he went to teams who lost Stanley Cups.
  4. Isn't Boston/Montreal on before? Are they switching to NBCSN after that game? Not according to the guide. It stays on CNBC and NBCSN will air an NHL postgame thing and then some BPL show later.
  5. Of course they should and could be drastically better. But the same was true the last few years. The Cubs haven't tried to get better and it is kind of hard to accomplish a goal you are not trying to achieve.
  6. Put me down as someone who thinks he is a great player. He gets screwed when it comes to selke conversation, probably because he doesn't take many face-offs. Been a consistent scorer on some very good teams the last 5 yrs. I think some of the things that may make him underrated are: 1. Began career on Ottawa, good team playoff flopper. 2. Prime years were played in Atlanta. 3. late prime years he has been very good but on teams that had Crosby, Malkin, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Toews, and Kane. Not that he is not at their level or close, he just has never had the star appeal that those 6 have. He also has a reputation as being a good player whose teams won cups after he left. And there are a handful of fanbases that stupidly boo him aggressively based on old grudges.
  7. Thank goodness I decided to read the thread this morning. Fantastic work by Bukie. He's the apologists' apologist.
  8. The new market inefficiency is providing less skanky hos.
  9. I thought that was Simpson. Vitters had mono too? I thought he had it at draft time, while Simpson got it after being drafted? I don't know. There was something about his current physical condition at draft time.
  10. That just tells you scouty types have poor judgement.
  11. I think the lesson with Vitters is you don't draft a high school player who is currently dying from mono.
  12. I think the goat farmer is saying he agrees that Sammy, as a non-US born English speaker, was absolutely justified to have an interpreter at that hearing.
  13. Josh Vitters agrees. In his senior year he had 14 BB and 6 K in 91 PAs. Were they intentional?
  14. Ellington was still available? Oops.
  15. Vitters and Jackson both homered? Welcome back 2012, we missed you.
  16. because run differential is a stupid way to measure stuff a month into the season.
  17. I've heard that from a lot of sources (Mayock, Jeremiah, Walter and probably a couple others I'm forgetting now). I agree with you that teams that take a QB not named Bridgewater will regret it, but I'm not sure that Bridgewater will be as good as Rodgers. I didn't mean to compare his skills or success specifically, moreso the Rodgers draft day fall and how many teams regret passing on him. I see a lot of Matt Ryan in Bridgewater (if you're allowed to compare a black QB to a white one). I don't think I would regret not drafting Matt Ryan.
  18. FFS, he wasn't wild; he got some bad/borderline calls against him and made a bad choice tying to Get Dunn to swing at a low one. I don't care about the walks, he threw 127 pitches in a game that means nothing. So what? Unless it becomes a trend it's not a problem. you know this how?
  19. Blame the piano man
×
×
  • Create New...