Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. God, this [expletive] sucks. Still want to draft a pitcher? Yes. Yeah, I want to draft dozens of them, just not in the first round.
  2. I love the bloodlines commentary
  3. No hipster has ever done anything truly unique.
  4. Absolutely. Total hipster pick Yes, hipster. http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/2/21/4012156/nfl-draft-punters That is skewed by only reporting on the average slot for punters by GMs dumb enough to draft a punter.
  5. big dude, big leg...but yea, he better be really good if you're going to waste a pick on him. He should be able to brush Podlesh aside without any problems. At least there's that. I don't need to see Podlesh punt for the Bears again. Podlesh is already gone. The big question is what happens to Butthead Jr.
  6. why would anybody want to watch a game from last year?
  7. last I read was he hasn't skated yet Yeah, he's out for game 6, and they're hopeful he'll start skating in a couple days. Basically, don't count on Shaw for this series.
  8. Yeah, driving throughout the country, I was blown away by the culturally progressive Mecca that is the American Midwest. better to be a wide expanse of boring nothing and whitebread than to be the south. I assume you're referring to the rural Midwest. I was speaking more to the point that intolerance does in fact exist north of the Mason-Dixon line, but I'll take my food, diversity and culture too, thanks. It's not so much the existence as the institutionalized prevalence.
  9. last I read was he hasn't skated yet
  10. It's not something to ignore, but you're overstating things a bit. Of the top 10 FA contracts from last season, guys signed with Seattle, Minnesota, Milwaukee, Baltimore, and the Mets. In the case of Seattle at least, they blew away the competition in the offer, sort of negating the point.
  11. Vick has a weird long release that has always held him back. Manziel gets it out more quickly. The nfl will be getting manziel out of the league more quickly.
  12. No, it's not at all surprising. It's pretty ridiculous to pretend that is surprising.
  13. I feel like they will win game 6 only because I want to feel like they will win game 6.
  14. His perceived needs, not yours. The point is if you treated the value right you shouldn't have to forgive punts and Hardins and mcclellins. Emery does a lot of things really well, but I hate how he treats drafts. Missed opportunities and tunnel vision. You don't think Emery thought S was a need, a primary need at that? I think he thought run defense was priority one and he took three guys with run defense in mind.
  15. I'm not saying Forte relies on a great line, I'm saying with a better line his numbers might improve slightly. Same with Peterson, Charles, LT or any other back. Peterson has a career 5.0 ypc and Forte is at 4.3 - if a better line gave Forte a few tenths of a yard more, he'd be really close to Peterson. Heck, he's already really close to Peterson if his first two years were more like the past 4. Not sure why he had the 2 years of slightly sub-4 ypc, but it's what's keeping him from being on Peterson's level. I know what you are saying, and my response is if you are actually a stud worth a top of 1st pick, you would be Peterson and not forte. Everything ap has done is with a non-qb.
  16. Quick benched?
  17. Apparently gone to Arizona now. These things change a lot. Christian Jones was listed as a Jag about 15 minutes ago. Man, this is just like college recruiting. We got a decommit but we flipped someone else's. Wonder about the quality of hostesses.
  18. Ah, didn't realize they had good run blocking lines. I knew the line had been terrible and assumed it was the case all the way around. It still depends on the quality of the draft. Forte has been extremely consistent and durable as well as being quite productive. Yep, an ideal 2nd round pick.
  19. Is there a samardzija flipping the ball up to himself gif? That was enjoyable.
×
×
  • Create New...