Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. But that is a ridiculously aggressive path and this front office has at spoken about wanting guys to get full seasons at each level. They also aren't in contention so they would be wasting his cheapest pre-arb years while losing. I don't see them wanting him up unless he absolutely makes them look like idiots for keeping him down. His terrible start has prevented that from being an issue.
  2. To be clear, that is exactly what I thought going into the year. "Thinking he is ready" is a nebulous concept. It is almost June and his season has been terrible so far. I don't see how a great month or two will suddenly convince anybody that he has to be in the majors and is just wasting his time in AAA.
  3. I think this front office considers it a sort of blessing that Javy started slowly, both justifying their decision not to bring him up this spring and giving them plenty of leeway to wait as long as possible to bring him up. And I believe they will take the opportunity to delay his clock until next summer. I think it does give them leeway to pass the super 2 date this year. I don't think they planned or hoped to wait til next year nor do I think they'd delay his development to do so if he's ready. He only had 54 games and 240 PA in AA. The only level where he has approached a full season of time has been A+. I am not sure how anybody could claim that not bringing him up this year would somehow be "delaying his development".
  4. I think this front office considers it a sort of blessing that Javy started slowly, both justifying their decision not to bring him up this spring and giving them plenty of leeway to wait as long as possible to bring him up. And I believe they will take the opportunity to delay his clock until next summer.
  5. Pierre please
  6. true Especially if Javy goes all Javy and is up in maybe August. Alcantara could possibly hit his way up too. Maybe Hendricks? If this team plays like a .500 team and adds some of those intriguing story lines, this year could be interesting to watch longer than any since like 09. I cannot envision any way that Javy is on this year's team.
  7. I believe that will still be the preferred option, yes.
  8. I should be more optimistic than I currently am. Positives: Samardzija, Castro, Rizzo, Hammel, Jackson lately, pythag. record. If you told me in March that they would be outscoring their opponent with substantial improvements from Castro and Rizzo, I would've be pleased. Yet, I'm not. Probably because if they go 60-59 the rest of the way (which will be tough considering the likelihood of dealing away their best pitcher(s)), they will finish 76-86.
  9. Just in time for my summer down the shore surrounded by Phillies fans.
  10. Mike Olt wins the TriHonda dealer Drives of the Game on My9
  11. okay
  12. It's all well and good to say it shouldn't, but prolonged exposure to excessive losing could very easily have a negative affect on his career. Or maybe all the losing will make him appreciate winning even more and have a positive effect when the team is good. Unless there's actual evidence behind it it's just silly conjecture. Then maybe you shouldn't be conjecturing if you think it is so silly.
  13. Derek Jeter on that '98 team? That could have been pretty sweet to replace Jeff Blauser with Jeter. Although the only thing that probably would have accomplished is not needing the play-in game (arguably the greatest event in Cubs history from '84-'02). Probably would have helped them make it a little closer in 2001 as well.
  14. It's all well and good to say it shouldn't, but prolonged exposure to excessive losing could very easily have a negative affect on his career.
  15. Read into it what you will, I think it's a pretty clear jab at the powers that be for wasting early quality years of Castro. I read that as more of a jab at Castro than the FO. I'm not sure where you get the FO angle given that picture. That is a stretch, even for you. Screw you [expletive]. It's pretty easy to interpret the story that is being told. The Yankees are a winning organization that win every year and won a lot when their superstar shortstop came into the league and are still winning now. Yankee Stadium is where you go to win. On the opposite field, Wrigley Field, the front office is openly trying to lose as much as possible for several years and there is no pressure from anybody to try and win anytime during Castro's contract. Losing is not just accepted but expected. The Cubs are wasting Castro's value on a stupidly long rebuilding project while the Yankees keep ignoring every call for them to scrap their aging roster and just keep winning. The one thing these organizations have in common right now is that an 85 win season is unacceptable.
  16. Read into it what you will, I think it's a pretty clear jab at the powers that be for wasting early quality years of Castro.
×
×
  • Create New...