Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. There is just no way this happens with Jeter if he played for any other team in his career.
  2. A little bit of that and a little bit of being positioned exactly in the right spot. Mostly the latter.
  3. Really, you want an even longer drawn out ovation for him?
  4. When I was about 12 years old I was at a sporting goods store with my mom and bought a Yankees t-shirt that was on clearance for like $8. When I got home my dad expressed shame in me that I have never noticed before or since, and I never wore the shirt and have no idea what happened to it. I don't even think they were particularly good when I was a kid, they were just always the good bad guy team in movies and I liked it. I feel the same sense of shame for all the douchebags clapping for him and probably justifying it by saying how he is the anti-Sosa.
  5. regular season, playoffs or offseason?
  6. No, it was terrible. It wasn't close and the Yankees announcers even knew it.
  7. if Rizzo's face wasn't so tiny he may have noticed he was about to be hit
  8. that should help improve Lake's batted ball distance at least.
  9. Well, you could carry what I said to that extreme, or maybe that I'm a little disappointed that it might not be as organic a moment as I first thought. I actually was thinking as much of the weeping on the phone as the kiss. Because the first time you saw it you assumed it was hidden camera footage, or that there were no cameras at all? Naively maybe, but I just thought he was like any draft pick who had ESPN cameras in the room, not OWN reality show cameras and producers. And seriously, I didn't have any strong reaction to the kiss, but the weeping during the Rams call sort of struck me at the time. Now it seems a little staged, or at least a little overly dramatic. I would bet large money he was not the only draft pick to cry after getting the news. And I would bet he has also been through a bit more of an emotional process dealing with coming out privately and publicly in addition to going through the draft process, thus contributing to a greater likelihood of crying.
  10. Wood and Zambrano knew they had to take matters into their own hands, Jeff, it's about time you learn.
  11. Well, you could carry what I said to that extreme, or maybe that I'm a little disappointed that it might not be as organic a moment as I first thought. I actually was thinking as much of the weeping on the phone as the kiss. Because the first time you saw it you assumed it was hidden camera footage, or that there were no cameras at all?
  12. Tri Honda scouting report on Samardzija: Sinker, slider Get me some runs. Cheer for old Notre Dame.
  13. So you are saying there was a film crew in the room where we, the television viewer, were able to view his reaction? Inconceivable.
  14. But that is a ridiculously aggressive path and this front office has at spoken about wanting guys to get full seasons at each level. They also aren't in contention so they would be wasting his cheapest pre-arb years while losing. I don't see them wanting him up unless he absolutely makes them look like idiots for keeping him down. His terrible start has prevented that from being an issue. The whole "year in AAA" thing was just an excuse to delay Rizzo and see if they could get a hot start from LaHair and trade him. They don't really believe it. They do believe in holding down costs.
  15. Alcantara might come up in September. Hendricks whenever a pitcher is traded (hopefully they don't just plus Villanueva in the rotation instead). I'd add Vizcaino to your list. Hendricks isn't on the 40 man, I'm skeptical that he gets called up. I'd put odds on it being Villanueva, Rusin, Grimm, maybe a guy they get in return from a trade, even Wada I could see getting added before Hendricks. Being on the 40 man probably won't be an issue at the end of this summer. There are plenty of candidates to be removed.
  16. But that is a ridiculously aggressive path and this front office has at spoken about wanting guys to get full seasons at each level. They also aren't in contention so they would be wasting his cheapest pre-arb years while losing. I don't see them wanting him up unless he absolutely makes them look like idiots for keeping him down. His terrible start has prevented that from being an issue. I truly think that was just lip service to delay Rizzo's call up. I don't think they've really acted at all like that. Once they dominate for a while, they promote them. Would've happened with Almora and Soler last year, too. The lip service regarding Rizzo is just more proof that they are likely to treat others the same.
×
×
  • Create New...