Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. Can't move forward with any more renovations until we get some of the revenue from the extra couple dozen seats down there. I know you're making a joke, but while that may have been in mind at some point in the future, I'm pretty sure there's nothing in the plans yet about any seating expansion there. Really? That must be an oversight. That's prime seating area.
  2. I'll take a wild guess and assume this is a good cop bad cop thing he has to say to make it look like he's not strong arming the commission. Of course the Cubs have work to do before the meeting.
  3. I think it's pretty clear that the Cubs keeping this an issue is playing a part of keeping fans on the "no Sammy" side. They are playing up to the meatballs and thus feeding them more red meat, and making things worse. Talking about Sammy needing to do stuff to get back into the good graces of Ricketts & Co is just ridiculous and not the least bit helpful. They aren't handling this flawlessly, but it is a bit of a no-win situation. The media is going to ask, the contingent who want Sammy around will make some noise too, and "we want our nice PR events not to be marred by morons who will boo Sammy" is a hard sentiment to sanitize. It is not a no-win at all. The boos at the 100-year thing would have been negligible at best. The media is going to ask more the longer they keep this nonsense up. It really wasn't an issue until the Cubs went out of their way to make it an issue and decline that Sammy had work to do. This is on them, not on moron fans or the media. I'm not sure what the last phrase means but letting things like the fear of boos at a PR event dictate corporate policy is pretty stupid.
  4. I think it's pretty clear that the Cubs keeping this an issue is playing a part of keeping fans on the "no Sammy" side. They are playing up to the meatballs and thus feeding them more red meat, and making things worse. Talking about Sammy needing to do stuff to get back into the good graces of Ricketts & Co is just ridiculous and not the least bit helpful.
  5. Exactly this. I have been to a couple rooftop parties and very few people are there to sit and watch the game. Even the unobstructed views leave a lot to be desired. Assuming the signs lead to additional revenue which helps the Cubs field a consistently competitive team, the rooftop owners will benefit from the excitement around the team more than they will be harmed by any obstructions. Out of the maybe 10 times I've done a rooftop, I think only 2 of those times were people including myself watching the game. The other times were networking events, company outings, and a couple of bachelor parties. That said, those events happen because you CAN see the game, even if no one watches. The appeal for a corporate event goes down when you can only see the right half of the infield and half of home plate because a giant scoreboard is blocking the rest. I'm not taking the rooftops side, I still say [expletive] them, but I believe it will make a huge difference for the rooftops. But there already are rooftops with blocked views that still do business. And if you want to get 20-50 people at an event centered around a sports team in Chicago during the summer, it's an option regardless of the view.
  6. Really? That was like pretty much standard message board talk the first 6-8 years I spent doing this nonsense.
  7. it's just like posting any other image [im g][/im g] (without the spaces) but it has to be the exact url of the gif, not the website where the gif came from, which is what ryno's problem was there.
  8. That one sign, or the overall agreement with Budweiser? That has to be the overall agreement, including the new sign. $14m for one sign seems really high, no? Yes, seems very unlikely.
  9. That one sign, or the overall agreement with Budweiser?
  10. I was figuring that dining area was for the players, but maybe you have it right. I thought the auditorium might be there for the players...like at the spring facility. Kinda fits with that thing Theo was talking about with wanting to operate like a football team in some ways. Could really be both (media and players), I guess. Player dining seems pretty clearly all the way to the left, near the pool table and ping pong table, and the kitchen. These sorts of bars are pretty standard in all newer stadiums, completely separate from the hoi polloi, and providing some sort of greater access to at least seeing the players.
  11. So with that clearer version it looks like the clubhouse/dugout renders includes mostly clubhouse/locker/manager's office on the left, maybe with extra office space. Then on the right you have a high end bar for big spenders seated around the dugout, with potential for mingling, or at least sightings of players heading to and from the dugout to the clubhouse or batting cages. They will be able to watch them take BP there. And there is an auditorium, I assume for press conferences, just north of the bar and batting cages.
  12. From the Cubs themselves, instead of others' camera phones.
  13. searching jesse rogers on twitter provided interesting results for me.
  14. Have you taken a look at replacement level this year? We need some PEDs stat. Or just more pitcher injuries.
  15. Oregon St corner OF with a great bat, good approach, nice power. I like his game and would prefer him to any other college bat in this draft if Zimmer can't play CF. Said to have a lot of swing and miss in his game. Hopefully not as much as Jackson had.
  16. My favorite is all the Cubs Charities ads.
  17. I assume that is the dugout on the lower right, what is above it?
  18. Is that the miller lite sign, or a sign inside Wrigley designed to get in the way of that sign, thus, eliminating the value of the sign.
  19. You want to give Bryant an extension before coming up? Would that not be unprecedented? Why wouldn't you at least have him play a little bit first? Longoria only played in 6 games before signing, so that was likely close to finalized when they called him up. There may have been one or two others since, I'm not sure. You do that because 1) the front office isn't going to risk full service time years without more certainty (with good reason) and 2) if you have a lot of belief in his bat, you can suppress the overall value of the contract because your risk tolerance is greater than the expectation for that type of deal. It seems to me the only way to have it make sense for the team is to go way under potential market value, and there is very little incentive for the player to accept such a deal, especially a year after getting $6+ million.
×
×
  • Create New...