Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. At this point I don't think that is a possibility. To me, he's like Soriano. He's a guy that is a really strong player, at times dominant, but is signed for too long at too much money. And people will whine about him, and wish him gone, but there's no realistic possibility of that happening, until at the very least, a lot closer to the end of his contract. Also, he's not half as bad as the haters will insist he is. Except in this case they are operating under a salary cap and every dollar he gets that is above the value he provides a direct negative effect on the team.
  2. At this point I don't think that is a possibility.
  3. Conforto is really going to test my commitment to the college bats only early in the draft preference.
  4. I think in a rage fit in Game 3 or 4 I compared him to M.A. Fleury. Could be a similar situation. I just don't see why they had to give him six years. Was anyone else going to give him that contract? Not likely. That said, the truly standout goalies in the league are few and far between. Look at Quick, one of those guys. We torched him. Crow is definitely in that next group right below the elite guys. This is why I hate giving a big/long contract for the goalie position in general, let alone Crawford in particular. At $6m he can no longer just be a solid piece to fill a spot, but rather a guy who has a significant positive influence.
  5. So how long into his contract will Crawford remain the primary goalie for the Blackhawks?
  6. He absolutely did not have to change it completely.
  7. Probably won't be hard to keep space open for an occasional power hitter who can theoretically start for a week or two.
  8. That is the complete opposite of the sampling I've taken.
  9. It means you thought a stat was more meaningful tha. It actually was. You were and are wrong.
  10. It's important to remember that Kyle does not understand math and he is wrong. "outlier" is not a magic word that means "that didn't happen so we won't count it." The entire reason run differential is predictive is the frequency and ratio of blowouts for/against tells you more about a team than their performance in close games. And two weeks later they go from + 5 to - 20. You were wrong.
  11. It's important to remember that Kyle does not understand math and he is wrong. I tried to explain to you the other day that you don't understand this correctly. And you were wrong
  12. It's important to remember that Kyle does not understand math and he is wrong.
  13. Nooooope. I take it you never watched 30 Rock. Comcast is the mothership. I haven't much. I just assumed since the RSN's were being rebranded as NBC networks, it was the other way around. Comcast is the huge cable company that encompasses it all. NBC is the better television brand.
  14. Nooooope. I take it you never watched 30 Rock. Comcast is the mothership.
  15. http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10996551/minnesota-twins-outfielder-byron-buxton-no-1-top-25-prospect-ranking-mlb Care to share the full list? 1. Byron Buxton 2. Carlos Correa 3. Gregory Polanco 4. Oscar Taveras 5. Addison Russell 6. Francisco Lindor 7. Jonathan Gray 8. Kris Bryant 9. Javier Baez 10. Hunter Harvey 11. Corey Seager 12. Archie Bradley 13. Miguel Sano 14. Lucas Giolito 15. Julio Urias 16. Mark Appel 17. Eddie Butler 18. Raul Mondesi 19. JP Crawford 20. Henry Owens 21. Joc Pederson 22. Mookie Betts 23. Braden Shipley 24. Noah Syndergaard 25. Joey Gallo
  16. But do I really feel the way I feel
  17. So you mean like a big CSN deal that carries them past 2019? Can't imagine them ponying up for that. I mean CSN will think "getting the Cubs from now until 2019 is better than what we have now, and we may not want to encourage them to come up with more creative arrangements since we might REALLY want them after 2019" Personally, I think that if they only sell the rights to the 2015-19 games, there is almost no way they don't go Cubs Network after that. But "Cubs Network" is going to be a partnership with Comcast or Fox.
  18. So you mean like a big CSN deal that carries them past 2019? Can't imagine them ponying up for that. You can't imagine Comcast having interest in partnering with the Cubs past 2019? I just don't see the motivation to overpay that FOX or NBC would seem to have. Doesn't Reinsdorf own almost 50%? CSN in just an entity in which Reinsdorf owns 40%. Comcast is the media company behind it that will be very interested in maintaining a relationship with the Cubs. Comcast will have as much motivation as Fox (and NBC is part of Comcast).
  19. So you mean like a big CSN deal that carries them past 2019? Can't imagine them ponying up for that. You can't imagine Comcast having interest in partnering with the Cubs past 2019?
  20. What does that question mean Michael LaBatt-Blue?
  21. On directv at least I've already seen two overflow channels.
  22. The Cubs are going to be in the NLCS in 2017? Awesome.
×
×
  • Create New...