Oh god yes they are that bad. I listened to them for nearly a year (probably because I thought it was cool that Greeny interviewed me when I was in high school), without really listening all that closely. Eventually I realized just how terrible those two shills are. They do occasionally take a fairly rational stance on something, but they are more or less a PR team with a radio show.
I enjoy when one or both are on vacation and it is filled in by someone else, I might be in the minority but I enjoy when Rozner fills in. He is the only one who actually talks hockey and trolls the Vancouver Canuck fan base any chance he gets. Brave stance, trolling Canucks fans on a Chicago radio station.
I don't get how Bryant is less capable of having elite plate discipline and power potential. I'm guessing people look at Bryant's K rate and get this perception that he's a slightly less free swinging Baez or something. Yeah, his problem is that he swings and misses, not that he's unwilling to take a walk.
It's one thing to make up a story about how you got injured when you just did something dumb while drunk with no witnesses. But the cops were chasing him? That's some next level stupid.
Rich Campbell @Rich_Campbell · 1m Bears have waived CB Isaiah Frey and released OL James Brown, team said. Those moves reduce their roster to the league-mandated 75 players
Any word on whether the Cubs are going to activate Soler before the game? Still holding out hope for an 9th inning game winning homer with his hammy issues, I see no reason to rush him into game action after likely flying in midday today.
It's not even unlikely. It's 100% not happening. They don't explicitly say things too often but they pretty much have explicitly said that. And I still don't understand it. ETA: compared to Baez/Soler that is you don't understand why Soler would be called up before Bryant?
It is well received now, but I also believe that NFL refs are fine with saying they were wrong on these challenges/replays because at that time, they might've not had the best view of the play and "WANT" to make the right call. MLB umps are a different story. I've seen some replays this year where it was definitely a no-brainer to overturn the call and they didn't. I don't care if it was really close and it basically comes down to judgement call. NFL still has those calls as well, but it seems like they get the no-brainers call 100% right now. Hopefully MLB will get to that point, but I have a hard time seeing some of these MLB umps overturning their own calls and losing some of the power/spotlight on the game they have right now. They aren't overturning their own calls, they are being overturned by fellow umps sitting in NYC.
16 wins out of 28... wouldn't that be a 69 pace? No? 162/28= 5.8 (rounded up) 5.8x16= 92.8 what a weird way to do it 16/28 = .571 .571x162=92.5 my way is totally better (but i like your answer a little better so nm) I was confused by his way.
Steve Lepore @stevelepore · 14m CBS Sports Network's sports talk show with an entirely female cast will be titled 'We Need to Talk' and premiere Sept. 30. PFTCommenter @PFTCommenter · 5m when are you goign to make a sports show thats geared towards men? @CBSSports PFTCommenter @PFTCommenter · 1m "We need to talk" will be preceeded by "its ok it happens to alot of guys" and followed by "its not u its me"
It has it's issues, but I like getting the calls right. if only they always did they get more right than they used to, which is a step in the right direction. i saw tons of flaws in the implementation before they even started it, though. that is to be expected when you introduce a system that basically serves to correct the mistakes of men who refuse to believe they could make mistakes.
Doesnt' Goodell want to add more? I kinda can't stand him anymore Wants a 18 game regular season, yes. But I'm pretty sure that would mean only 2 preseason games. I believe that's right, the 2 weeks gained by cutting the preseason would go towards an extra game+bye week. Yeah, I've never heard anybody talk about adding preseason games. The whole thing has been about an acknowledgement that preseason sucks but not wanting to get rid of the gate receipts (although those must pale in comparison to the TV money). It might be better to see something like a B bracket tournament. Let four or eight teams that don't make the playoffs play some more games, and give the winner of that tournament something like the 5th pick in the draft. Some 9-7 doomed to miss the playoffs and still draft 20th has a chance to play for playoff shares and a boost to the next year's team.