Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,099
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. I agree that you have to do what you have to do to win the first. I just think it's pretty clear this will affect Dempster, and kind of ridiculous to suggest there is no difference.
  2. Is there really a significant difference between asking him to get three outs or four? Magic 8-ball says not likely. Actually yes. Dempster had to warm up to pitch this inning. He threw 5 pitches. He will warm up again next inning, then throw how ever many pitches. Considering that the vast majority of the time Dempster will warm up and throw one time a day. I don't see him being expected to come back 3-4 hours from now and pitching again.
  3. Is Dempster really in now? You're pretty much going to burn him up for today if you ask him to get 4 outs right now.
  4. He did say they'll all get a chance to play. Theriot, Ward, Cedeno and Blanco are still on the bench. I'm not that concerned. Although I do think he tends to burn through his bench early and often.
  5. Really? I don't know for a fact, but I thought Pie was much faster than pretty much anyone else except Soriano. I don't know that 1/100 of a second is going to make a difference in scoring, esp. with an unproven rookie. Pie is much faster, and a much better defender. It's a perfectly justifiable move.
  6. You want to bench our 3rd best hitter so far? I'm showing he's now hitting .268! He's a droppin' With an OPS well over 800, including an acceptable OBP. That average is meaningless.
  7. It's hard to complain about DeRosa too much so far. He's been fine.
  8. I hope they don't score too much here, they need to learn how to win 1-run games.
  9. So did I. Well this sucks :x Isn't it at least on WGN radio?!?!?!? What's going on? I couldn't get it on mlb audio so I tried directly with WGN radio on line - no idea what it is but it definitely isn't baseball! Yes, it's on both local radio and Gameday Audio. Interesting - I am listening to some weird stuff about riding a cab and being safe on wgn radio on line. WGN radio online won't be carrying the game.
  10. He wasn't sharp but he wasn't as bad as the line would indicate. The first inning was built on bunts for hits and Izturis's error. He really wasn't bad.
  11. For this to be true (winner taking the league with a win total in the low 80's), the Brewers would have to play much worse from here on out. They are 17-9, .654 w%, on pace for 106 wins. Obviously that is not sustainable. However, in order to finish with a win total in the low 80s, let's say 83, they'd have to finish 66-70, playing .485 ball. Their hot start, whether influenced by luck or not, has provided a cushion for them to coast to an 85 win season (by going .500 the rest of the way). All they have to do is play to their current "expected" pace, of .537 ball, to get to 90 wins. That would be 73-63. I would say they have more than a good chance to finish the season with more than a win total in the low 80s.
  12. Yeah, if those numbers mean anything it's that we can hope for the Cubs to get to .500 by season's end. And with the Brewers already 8 games over .500, it would take a record well below their current actual and pythag records to return to .500. Bottom line is the Cubs will have to play a lot better than they have so far to make up for their bad start and give themselves a shot at a good record.
  13. I doubt the Cubs would even consider it, but there's no reason he couldn't pitch an inning. There's a very good reason why he shouldn't. If it was routine for him to pitch in game action on his throw day, then I'd be fine with it. But throw days are not the same as game days. There's little to no benefit to screwing with his schedule.
  14. Yes! Now I can custom-order my Trumaine McBride jersey. You know, at first, I thought those numbers were some sort of ranking of the players' ability. I wasn't even thinking about jersey numbers. I was thinking, man, the scouts really hated Wolfe.
  15. You know, it's amazing. The Bears went to the Super Bowl last year, and rather than having very few picks to work with (which is often the case with successful teams, having traded picks for veteran players), Angelo picked up 9 new players to bring into the mix. I'm sorry, but that's very nicely done. Tops in the NFC and still harvesting a bumper crop of new talent. Now----surely not all of them will work out, but having the picks to bring them in increases the odds. If he hits on, say, 1/3 of those 2nd day picks people will praise him for finding yet another good player in the late rounds. And plus.....there's something to be said for having young, fresh legs on special teams to get down the field quickly. I don't think it's all that amazing for a SB team to have 9 picks. He went in with 7, and made a trade to get 2. Indy got 9 new bodies as well, 6 in the first 4 rounds. New England brought in 9 as well, while New Orleans had 7. Washington was a team with few picks. Most successful teams don't trade picks for veterans. It's really not that big of a deal.
  16. I think that's hyperbole, but I don't disagree that he should be playing more. It's hyperbole to say Murton has the potential to be really good, and that he's had a great approach in the past? It can't be argued that he hasn't had a great approach in the past. As for very good potential, I guess that depends on what you think very good is. But it seems pretty clear that he's got the potential to be a 850-900 OPS kind of hitter. I'd call that very good. Not great, for certain. And not somebody you would want to end up giving an extremely huge contract to down the road. But that's still very good.
  17. Hopefully the message gets across to all teams though. Remember, the Cubs had their own DUI issue last year with Speier. I think he took a leave of abscence following his arrest, so it's a little unclear how exactly the Cubs handled the situation. Did they brush it under the rug by pushing a disposable coach aside. How would they handle that with a manager, or player? This reflects very poorly on the Cards, especially with the LaRussa situation coming first. But it's definitely an issue for every team.
  18. Interesting choice for a first post. Welcome aboard. They do indeed have a lot of Yankees sucks chants at Mets games. Similarly, NYRangers games included numerous Potvin Sucks! chants, referring to the former NY Islander, when they aren't even playing the Isles. Some might say NYers like to focus on the negative. But Shea definitely has a lot of negatives.
  19. It's tough to say. I think he was being sarcastic, but not entirely. His defense, just calling it a stupid mistake, makes me believe that like many, he doesn't think DUIs are all that serious. I think DUI is far beyond a stupid mistake. It's reckless, negligent, completely selfish, criminal behavior. A stupid mistake insinuates that it's not really his fault.
  20. Really? Sure is weird how we punish people for doing something there's no way we could expect them to do. I think you absolutely should expect all people of all ages to have the modicum of responsibility requisite to not drive home when drunk and threaten the lives of others. Yeah Abe, that's a pretty ridiculous stance. You can't expect guys between 21-40 to call a cab after drinking? I'm between 21-40 and when necessary, I've done that quite often. This is a pretty weak cop-out.
  21. Why? Just look at OBP, the higher the OBP, the more batters a team will have per inning.
×
×
  • Create New...