Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,099
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. Did Everett actually get to punch Rome? I thought he just shoved him and the table down. If he did get to punch him, then Everett is the clear winner. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOVxitMy47c There was no punch, nor was there a shove. It was staged. He goes for the table before Rome says it the last time. He can hardly keep himself from laughing. This clip made Rome's career.
  2. There will be expansion within the next 10 years. And I'm looking forward to it. 16 teams in each league will help do away with some of the weird schedule issues. Plus, they can go back to 2 divisions in each league, 8 and 8, going with two wild cards. At that point I'd strongly consider having the two wild card teams being forced to host a one game playoff against the next two best teams before going to the division winners, thus putting a greater emphasis on winning your division.
  3. as a premium subscriber I know you can turn off a lot of that stuff.
  4. Same here. I think the best thing to hope for is quality starts for most of the rest of the year. He is bound to have an implode game at some point, I just folks don't go nuts on him after one such bad game. Yeah, he'll go out there one day and won't have the control or the movement and get tagged up pretty good. The key will be coming back after. Kind of like what Lilly needs to do now that he's had his first crushing. Lilly didn't really get crushed though. Sure he gave up 9 hits and 4 ER in less than 6 complete. But he maintained a 5/1 K/BB ratio and a couple of those hits were bunt hits, while 2 of the runs scored because of Izturis's incompetence.
  5. While we're talking about this stuff, the last place Yankees are 10-14, but "should" be 13-11, as they've scored a ton of runs and gone 1-5 in 1 run games. I'm hoping like heck that they're real record doesn't catch up to that expected record, because I would love an October without Yankee baseball.
  6. We're a few months into a contract that lasts a few years. I'm not eating anything until we're a little further down this path. Absolutely. But I'd be more than happy to start looking for recipes. better serve up some of that for yourself too goony. maybe add a side helping of theriot not starting to go along with marquis. Huh? I'm saying I've been wrong so far. As for Theriot, I wanted him starting, out of all Cubs SS options. What I've said about him is that I think the odds aren't in his favor to be an everyday guy, all season long.
  7. The NBA playoffs are still going on?
  8. We're a few months into a contract that lasts a few years. I'm not eating anything until we're a little further down this path. Absolutely. But I'd be more than happy to start looking for recipes.
  9. interesting. i'll have to look for that. I don't remember what his motion used to look like. But I zoomed through his outing last night on the DVR, and definitely noticed a bit of a pause. Maybe that's a gimmick that is fooling hitters now and won't last, but regardless of what it is, he's doing much better than I had thought possible. I thought he'd be a "quality start" pitcher at his best, ie 6 ip 3 er outings. I definitely wasn't expecting 0 or 1 run in 4 of 6 outings.
  10. I get pissed when I'm forced to sit through Yankees and Mets games every Saturday (or Philly when I'm down the shore). Although I guess in the long run that's a good thing, because then I spend more time outside. But then again, that just means more time in the sun, which in the really long run could kill me. But anyway, I guess I don't have it too bad compared to those who live in the tweener cities/states.
  11. He's been amazing. Looks like Larry might have been on to something.
  12. He was referring to you hoping they don't keep up this pace; 106 wins... What he said. They are on pace for 106 wins. Odds are that won't continue. But even if their pace slows considerably, they've got a great shot at 90 wins. And they'd really have to struggle to only get 85.
  13. Once they get ARod and Cabrera, sure.
  14. No, I don't think they have a realistic chance for 106 wins.
  15. I would not like to see teams retracted. Moved? Maybe. The NY area could easily support a baseball team, specifically the Hudson county area, along the river and across from Manhattan. There is public transport galore, the most densely populated area in the country, and the potential to easily attract 3+ million per year. Plus that would have the added advantage of tapping into the revenue that is shared by the Mets and Yanks, acting as a pseudo revenue sharing system that could help balance the power in the MLB, if only a little bit. There should be a lot of threads retracted though.
  16. This stupid freaking topic again? Gas prices rise going into the summer, every summer, and especially last summer, when people were freaking about a hurricane season that never happened. Gas prices fall every fall, and especially last fall, when the bottom dropped on oil prices after the much predicted hurricane season never happened. My lord.
  17. Yeah, that's the story I was hearing. Don't know the details, I just kept hearing Mike and the Mad Dog refer to this being something that the marketing people pushed. Apparantly the guy runs some sort of fitness center that has a deal in place with the Yankees, but had no history working with baseball players. Sounds like a controversy the Cubs could get involved in.
  18. Bad timing on Jonah's part, he's hitting .348/.423/.870 in his last 7 games. His overall OBP remains a problem, but he's been modestly productive, especially for a guy making $500,000.
  19. Mike and the Mad Dog are talking about some controversy with, I believe, the training staff and some sort of marketing strategy. It sounds like they believe the new trainer is involved in some sort of fitness company, and the Yankees are partnering with them on some venture. There's stories of the players not liking the workouts and the guy not having much knowledge about baseball.
  20. Any chance Marshall gets the callup over Guzman? Lou won't be able to break up the lefties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It'll be interesting to see who gets the call. I'm guessing they'll go without a 5th this weekend, then wait for the 12th and see who looks best. Iowa has a game Monday, which would allow Marshall to come back on 4 days rest and get one more outing before the 12th, when he'd be on 4 days rest again.
  21. I just noticed the change and was worried it was health related. 2 series in a row baby. Win the next 3 very winnable series, and they are 18-17 heading into the tougher part of the schedule. Need to stock up on wins against Washington, Pitt and Philly.
  22. I'd let him keep going. He's not some young buck who hasn't been exposed to many major league innings. He's expendable in the long run. I'd see if he can finish the 9th pretty quickly, but maybe get somebody warm just in case.
  23. Personal flaw? He hit his wife. Obviously it happened in the past, otherwise it never would have happened. He's a wife beater. A complete scumbag. It's completely different from being a drug addict.
  24. Jason Marquis doesn't know, and Jason Marquis doesn't care.
×
×
  • Create New...