Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,099
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. Development is a long run story. If his development is compromised now, that has long-term implications. Pie will not develop as a PH and defensive substitution.
  2. Pie may be fast, but he's hardly a great baserunner. Even if he offers a slightly greater chance to win now than he would if he was in AAA and somebody else was up (debatable) you have to weigh that against his value to the organization and need to develop in AAA. I would call up Fontenot first and foremost. But there are a couple others guys whose future won't be ruined by being bench players, who could probably offer just as much, if not more, to the current bench.
  3. Cherry is pretty pointless down there. Lou needs to get over his need for 7 relievers and stop making 3-4 changes in an inning. The rotation has gone many turns in a row without being rocked early and needing to burn the pen. They have the 4th fewest innings pitched of any pen in the NL.
  4. I think the bullpen has been fine. They are relievers, so inconsistently is inherent with the job. The only transactions that might make them consistently better is to acquire one of the rare consistently great relievers, and that's unrealistic. They have the 5th best ERA, BAA and OPS against in the NL. They are 3rd in K/BB and 1st in K/9. I don't think it's realistic to expect much more. There will be days when 1 or more guys falters. But that's baseball. As usual, however, the bullpen won't be the reason this team wins or loses. The starting rotation and lineup will determine that far more frequently.
  5. I think it depends on who is rating him. I think some people definitely overrate him, but the general consensus is far from that. He's definitely the best option for 5th starter right now.
  6. Perhaps Randy will help, but it's a little dangerous to assume a 43 year old with health issues, coming of a down year, will turn things around. And it's not like Arizona's offense is good. They've got a 691 team OPS, compared to 738 by the opponents.
  7. Take care of the organization Lou, not the freaking veterans. If this leads to Floyd having his option vested automatically, the financial situation is going to get a lot worse.
  8. Definitely a great weekend for Philly hockey fans. I like a Buffalo/Ottawa final, and Detroit/Anaheim could be pretty sweet out west. As a Blackhawks fan I shouldn't want Detroit to advance, but with the organization slipping so far from relevency, it's kind of pointless to hold a grudge against the supposed rival Red Wings. I'm all about pulling for hockey in general, and I think the Wings are more interesting, and better for the NHL, than an all California Suburbs Western Conference Final.
  9. Maybe they are. But the Cubs don't play them for a while. If you put any stock in the pyth numbers this early, they've given up more runs than they've scored, and their expected record is the reverse of their current 17-16 mark. I think the NL west leaders will stay bunched for most of the year.
  10. And it doesn't end in May, they open June with 10 games against current division leaders, the Brewers and Braves. It gets a little easier later in June, with some games against cellar dwellers Texas and Colorado, but they still face .500 or better teams in Seattle, San Diego and the White Sox, and they finish up with the Brewers. There's no stretch of multiple series against teams well under .500, like they are currently going through. They need to take 4 of the next 6 against the crap teams to set themselves to make a run in that tough stretch.
  11. yeah we need to beat some good NL teams, like the Mets and... well, that's about it. Atlanta, Milwaukee, LA, San Diego..... The NL isn't completely devoid of talent. The short little west coast trip is going to be pretty interesting later this month. Hopefully the Cubs will be many games over .500 by then, so a 3-3 trip will be more than enough. But they could blow that trip against the West's two best teams. The next 32 games are going to be a real challenge. 20 on the road, 23 against teams that are currently .500 or better.
  12. When I first hear that I thought it was odd. Now it's just dumb.
  13. The Brewers announcers are probably the worst at repeating this topic. They talk like Zambrano regularly throws no-hitters through 6 and then walks a guy in the 7th before allowing 5 runs. Zambrano shows emotion for sure. However, I've never seen his problems arise from that emotion. His problem is usually location, and that can happen anytime. He just doesn't act how they want him to act.
  14. Cutting power to the car while in motion would be fun.
  15. I heard them mention the Warriors quite a bit. They have all week.
  16. That was a Cubs-like 4 run first nothing else the rest of the way performance. I still don't get Zambrano. I'm very scared.
  17. You'd think we were facing the Rockies or something. wrong testement
  18. Doubtful, he had the best numbers of any OF at one point and still sat.
  19. He ripped a line drive to the opposite field, I'll take that as a result of the approach. i won't... his approach is awful. He's been swinging early in every at bat and not coincidentally, he hasn't had productive at bats. He's always had a great approach, and all of a sudden he's turned into a bench player, and not coincidentally he hasn't had many productive at bats.
  20. can't imagine why, given our lights-out closer and our stellar record in close games Actually Dempster was a very shaky closer last year and far from lights-out. Also our record is one run games is actually 0-6, no where near stellar. In fact you could say its the exact opposite of stellar awesome
  21. I'm still pretty clueless about the 2007 draft, don't see myself taking a look at this one for quite a while. And hopefully the Cubs won't be picking anywhere near the top.
  22. hahaha I saw the other day that he was about to put Murton into 11th on the team.
  23. I hear a lot of pot advocates try to downplay the dangers of smoking and driving. I don't hold the least bit of resentment against pot smoking myself, but the fact remains it's very much a problem. The only difference is fewer people do it. Oh, I'm not trying to downplay the danger of smoking and driving. You should not drive while impaired by ANYTHING. And that goes for painkillers too. Hell, that even goes for Nyquil. I was just noting that the primary cause of the crash was the fact he was drunk off his ass and on the cell phone. Completely agree. I just think the presence of pot in the car just adds to the "he was a reckless nutjob" argument. Not because pot smokers are reckless nutjobs, but due to these specific circumstances.
  24. I hear a lot of pot advocates try to downplay the dangers of smoking and driving. I don't hold the least bit of resentment against pot smoking myself, but the fact remains it's very much a problem. The only difference is fewer people do it.
  25. Uh, Carrie, thats what we call cutting back on road trips. That's fantastic.
×
×
  • Create New...