5. Luis Valbuena (L) 3B

6. Welington Castillo ® C

7. Nate Schierholtz (L) RF

8. Darwin Barney ® 2B

9. Jeff Samardzija ® P

SAMARDZIJA - 0-3, 1.45 ERA, 45K/16BB, 1.05 WHIP, .215 BAA

LOHSE - 4-1, 2.75 ERA, 44K/12BB, 1.13 WHIP, .237 BAA

Edited by DiamondMind

"If it's possible to look like a "Scooter," Gennett - whose given name is Ryan - certainly does, but that nickname wasn't bestowed on him because of his smallish size or mobility as a child. He adopted the name as a 5-year-old fan of the Muppets character Scooter and used it as a permanent alias after his mother, Tina, tried to impart a lesson about buckling his seat belt with a trip to a police station for a lecture."

http://i.imgur.com/slM2mvW.gif

Guests
So they're giving out Babe Ruth called shot bobbleheads today to commemorate an event that never happened for a player who never played for us.

Do you have a preferred article or anecdote that contends it didn't happen? I'd be pretty interested to see the genesis of the rumor/evidence either way.

So they're giving out Babe Ruth called shot bobbleheads today to commemorate an event that never happened for a player who never played for us.

Do you have a preferred article or anecdote that contends it didn't happen? I'd be pretty interested to see the genesis of the rumor/evidence either way.

No link, but the book Wrigleyville does a good job of deconstructing it. Ruth even admitted later he didn't do it. It was an invention by sportswriters that he went along with because he was good at self-promotion.

No link, but the book Wrigleyville does a good job of deconstructing it. Ruth even admitted later he didn't do it. It was an invention by sportswriters that he went along with because he was good at self-promotion.

There's also some video floating out there somewhere of the actual "event" They showed it on FOX during a Cubs/Yankee game a while back. He's pretty clearly gesturing towards the Cubs dugout and never comes close to pointing to the OF

Guests
how was that two earned runs?

It wasn't. It was one ER and one UER.

my fantasy team is showing 2 ER for some reason too