North Side Baseball

LOCK ME (1) The Beatles vs. (16) Megadeth

Derwood

LOCK ME (1) The Beatles vs. (16) Megadeth  

85 members have voted

1. 1. LOCK ME (1) The Beatles vs. (16) Megadeth

• (1) The Beatles
    • (16) Megadeth

Are you Megadeth people serious?? The Beatles nearly single handedly defined so much of the 60's culture and influenced rock music more than any rock band that has ever existed. There are college courses that are taught on those guys.

I've always told people to listen to this song here...i think so many people still have this misconception that the Beatles are the "She Loves You" boy band and nothing else....

"Tomorrow Never Knows" - Keep in mind this is late 65, early 66. First song ever with sampling in it. P.Diddy has John Lennon to thank for his success.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii-LV8GTuQM

I've always told people to listen to this song here...i think so many people still have this misconception that the Beatles are the "She Loves You" boy band and nothing else....

"Tomorrow Never Knows" - Keep in mind this is late 65, early 66. First song ever with sampling in it. P.Diddy has John Lennon to thank for his success.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii-LV8GTuQM

Yeah, I never got into The Beatles all that much until I got to school. All I had ever heard was the 1 album and all of their mainstream pop stuff, but once I got to school, and thanks to the greatest program ever made, OurTunes, I got to easily download Revolver, Sgt. Peppers, White Album, etc., and got to see what the REAL Beatles were like.

Are you Megadeth people serious?? The Beatles nearly single handedly defined so much of the 60's culture and influenced rock music more than any rock band that has ever existed. There are college courses that are taught on those guys.

i'm pretty sure it says, "vote for your fav." it doesn't say, "vote for the band you think influenced 60's culture and rock music the most," does it? stop getting your panties in a wad because, gasp, some people don't like the beatles

This poll is like Duke vs. a local church league basketball team as far as talent is concerned.

Depends on what your view of talent is. Songwriting is a talent. Instrumental skill is a talent too. And while I totally agree that the Beatles are one of the greatest and most influential rock bands of all time, Megadeth is one of the greatest and most influential metal bands of all time. As far as technical guitar playing in a metal-context goes, anyone would be hard-pressed to top the guitar work on Megadeth's RIP or Peace Sells albums.

i'm pretty sure it says, "vote for your fav." it doesn't say, "vote for the band you think influenced 60's culture and rock music the most," does it? stop getting your panties in a wad because, gasp, some people don't like the beatles

Sure, but the whole idea of the tournament is to determine the best band. The only top 64 list Megadeth should appear on is the list of bands that once performed at the county fair. Whether you like the Beatles or not (and I do not particularly care for them), it's laughable to consider Megadeth to be a better band.

Sure, but the whole idea of the tournament is to determine the best band. The only top 64 list Megadeth should appear on is the list of bands that once performed at the county fair. Whether you like the Beatles or not (and I do not particularly care for them), it's laughable to consider Megadeth to be a better band.

Megadeth is not a better band (IMO), but they are certainly better than the county fair. 15 million records sold over a 20+ year span. Mustaine and Co. will always be the red-headed stepchild of metal, but they certainly had a strong thing going for many years.

Megadeth is not a better band (IMO), but they are certainly better than the county fair. 15 million records sold over a 20+ year span. Mustaine and Co. will always be the red-headed stepchild of metal, but they certainly had a strong thing going for many years.

I was probably a bit harsh in my assessment of their overall talents, but I always viewed Megadeth to be just not quite good enough. It always seemed to me that no matter what they were doing, a couple of bands were doing it better.