Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Time to IBB Dunn. Every time. And that looked like another superb throw by Jacque.
  2. I only saw the last minute there, but that was a disappointing outside of Hinrich's 3-pt play.
  3. MLB EI is free this week, and the game is on somewhere between Channel 735 and 749 thanks for the info! Channel 741 according to this: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=P1700157 Woo! Thanks, guys. I didn't realize I could watch the game for free. :)
  4. Reds44 and the Tampa Bay Bucaneers are on the clock.
  5. They could use a #3 WR, though Dallas Clark basically played that role this year and did it well. Steve Smith (USC) would be a reach at 32, but would be a near perfect fit. Sidney Rice is a better pick, but its obviously a homer one, coming from me. Rice is more talented, without a question. But Smith is the perfect fit for the Colts O. He's a smart WR, great route runner, sure hands, and can run after the catch. He's Marvin Harrison without the speed. Sid is all those things and he's 6'4 and can catch the ball in traffic. I understand what you are saying, but I think Rice fits with Indy just as much as Smith. The scouting reports I've seen have all said he needs to refine his route running and doesn't do much after the catch. Steve Smith definitely runs better routes than Sidney Rice. And he does more after the catch too. I definitely think Steve Smith will do well in the NFL.
  6. Maybe he thought that there wasn't much of a future for him here, so he requested his release to look for a more favorable situation. yeah didn't he have some special provisions in his Rule 5 draft fallout, where he could test free agency if returned? Yes.
  7. Sanchez has 16 points, not bad. Won't he lose some of them tonight? Hopefully. :)
  8. Sanchez has 16 points, not bad.
  9. Ahh, I remember getting quite excited about Tuffy after that game. Whoops.
  10. Probable Starters: Iowa: LHP JR Mathes (West Tenn: 10-8, 3.27 ERA, 159.2 IP) @ RHP Fernando Nieve Tennessee: RHP Sean Gallagher (Daytona & West Tenn: 11-5, 2.51 ERA, 164.2 IP) Daytona: RHP Mitch Atkins (Peoria: 13-4, 2.41 ERA, 138.1 IP) Peoria: RHP Billy Muldowney (Boise: 1-3, 2.68 ERA, 43.2 IP) Mathes: 159.2 IP, 144 K/31 BB, 1.23 WHIP Gallagher: 164.2 IP, 171 K/76 BB, 1.37 WHIP, .249 BAA Atkins: 138.1 IP, 127 K/53 BB, .217 BAA Muldowney: 43.2 IP, 42 K/11 BB, 1.24 WHIP, .265 BAA All stats are from the 2006 season.
  11. http://www.pjstar.com/stories/040407/CHI_BCR25I4I.076.php
  12. thabo is their 2 guard with size. he just hasn't been given the minutes this year. i'm sure he'll be phased into the standard rotation eventually. he's good when i've seen him out there, and he'll be able to guard players like kobe and lebron when he gets more minutes. edit- there isn't anyone we could get in the draft who'd be a better option. Disagree. Nick Young will be better than Thabo. http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper679/stills/x8i3om5y.jpg I'd definitely go after a big man - Horford, Hawes, Hibbert - any of those would be fantastic. Yeah, if any of those guys are on the board, it's a no-brainer. The Bulls still need a big man. I like Thabo and all, but man I really wish the Bulls would have gotten Brandon Roy in the last draft. He would have allowed them to trade Gordon or Hinrich for that big man. Corey Brewer I think would be a great pickup too. I see him as a 2-guard even though he's 6'9". Yeah, Brandon Roy was my favorite choice in last year's draft. And I just realized that in my pic of Nick Young, Brandon Roy is guarding him. Heh.
  13. thabo is their 2 guard with size. he just hasn't been given the minutes this year. i'm sure he'll be phased into the standard rotation eventually. he's good when i've seen him out there, and he'll be able to guard players like kobe and lebron when he gets more minutes. edit- there isn't anyone we could get in the draft who'd be a better option. Disagree. Nick Young will be better than Thabo. http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper679/stills/x8i3om5y.jpg I'd definitely go after a big man - Horford, Hawes, Hibbert - any of those would be fantastic.
  14. http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/smokies_baseball/article/0,1406,KNS_329_5462490,00.html
  15. good choice... I think Bears fans should be happy if this were to actually happen Agreed.
  16. Chargers take WR Robert Meachem, Tennessee.
  17. The Brewers beat the Dodgers 4-3, Cordero with the save.
  18. Kevin Mench hits a 2-run HR off Randy Wolf and Milwaukee takes a 4-3 lead in the bottom of the 6th.
  19. In other NL Central news, the Dodgers are up 3-2 in the bottom of the 6th on the Brewers. Juan Pierre ended a Dodger threat in the top of the 6th inning with the bases loaded by grouding out, 4-6.
  20. I've come to expect Opening Day losses. And I wasn't being force fed the Cub loss on every sports channel around either. Everywhere I turn it's how wonderful Florida is. Screw the Gators. =D> Couldn't have said it better myself. You may not like them, but you have to admit that they deserved it. I still say screw them.
  21. At game time: Temperature : 46°F Feels like: 38°F Winds will gust to 20 mph from the WNW, which is basically from first to third at GABP.
×
×
  • Create New...