Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,115
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. I still want Gray the most, but I'd be OK with Bryant. I'd prefer either over Appel.
  2. I'm a betting man I would put my money still on it being either Gray/Appel. Question for the crew. Most the board seems to be Appel or Gray as their pick. But, if you were going to take Bryant over either who would you be tempted the most to NOT pick and replace with Bryant.. Appel or Gray? I'd pass on Appel. I just can't get over the feeling that he's going to be an Edwin Jackson type who never harnesses his stuff and has a fairly successful but unremarkable career.
  3. There have been Bryant to the Cubs rumors flying in from everywhere. ABTY has said he's hearing the first 5 will be Stewart, Bryant, Appel, Gray and Moran in that Order.
  4. Imagine if the Astros didn't sign their pick this year. That basically means they can have both Beede and Rodon next year. I don't think it's necessarily a horrible idea other than the cap implication on the draft this year.
  5. Marmol has a fine ERA for about 8 weeks. That's not the same as pitching fine. 19 IP, 19 K, 12 BB, 12 H, 1 HR That's about a 3.75 FIP from my back of the envelope math. Not awesome, not worth "WHY IS HE ON THE ROSTER" hand wringing. 3.75 FIP is good for the season as a whole, not as the highlight of the best stretch of his season.
  6. I would really love to hear the reasoning for Marmol still being on this squad. His salary is a sunk cost. You're not even going to get a lottery ticket for him. All he does is take up a 40 man roster spot and irritate the [expletive] out of me.
  7. And the stupid pitching decision blows the lead. Nice coaching.
  8. There is no reason to extend Samardzija like this. I think this is a really bad call.
  9. I can't believe that Didi Gregorious for Trevor Bauer trade is starting to look like a huge win for the DBacks. I thought that was a huge steal for the Indians.
  10. I literally can't imagine anything that anyone would offer within the realm of realism that would be worth more to us than 2.5 cost-controlled years of Jeff Samardzija. I mean yeah, if we get like a Bryce Harper, sure. But there's no pile of prospects that I'd want for him. Yeah, there is nothing that is realistic. However yesterday's idea of a package headlined by Taillon and Gerrit Cole would at least have me listen to what they have to say.
  11. I'm not suggesting that we do, but the package that Theo could land for Samardzija would be absolutely crazy.
  12. I haven't been keeping up. What is the estimate to lock him up? Last rumor I heard was more years than salary. It was something like he wanted 5 years plus option years.
  13. Jeff was absolutely filthy that inning. It's so nice having a legit ace.
  14. I'm so sick of the umpires and their infallible [expletive] attitude. I know it's unlikely, but I really hope to see them almost entirely removed from baseball.
  15. I'm not going to sweat it. This is what he does. He goes lights out and then he goes 4IP with 6 walks and 6 ER his next couple times out. If I remember correctly, he and Feldman were offered identical deals and Liriano passed on it while Feldman jumped on it. Thus far I'm pretty happy with how it's all worked out.
  16. He's been extremely unlucky. To go along with 6.11ERA he has a 3.68FIP, 3.67xFIP and a 3.81SIERA. Right now his BABIP is .341 which is quite high and his strand rate is only 56.4% which is about 15% below where it should be. Strangely enough, his K/9 is the highest of his career at 8.83 and his K/BB is his highest since 2007 at 3.74K/BB.
  17. He had elbow surgery to remove calcium build up, but the tendons and elbow itself are supposedly completely fine.
  18. Not going to lie, that Soriano for Dominic Brown rumor from the offseason would look pretty good right about now.
  19. I'm not particularly worried. Even if he doesn't have a great year he'd still be 21 in AA next year. Even so, it would be nice to see him get hot again so the Cubs could consider moving Barney in the near future.
  20. Probably not, but you have to wonder how desperate the Royals are going to be pushing for their first postseason in however long.
  21. This is why I'm not a GM. I was pretty high on Buckel as the 2nd piece of a Garza deal last year.
  22. Love the first comment Brilliant.
  23. I don't endorse the idea, but can you imagine the haul the Cubs could get for Samardzija right now? You might land a top 20 talent, top 50 talent, top 100 talent and another couple guys who would slot into the Cubs' top 20. On a more realistic note. There are a few trades I'd really love to see happen. Dejesus+Feldman to the Royals for Yordano Ventura and the competitive balance pick. Garza to Texas for Leonys Martin and Rougned Odor Russell to DET for Avisail Garcia
  24. We are now over a 1/4 of the way into the season and Chris Davis is still putting every hitter not named Miguel Cabrera to shame. .327/.417/.698 and on pace for 52HR and 152RBI Not that it's shocking, but Miguel Cabrera is an absolute monster .391/.467/.701 and on pace for 50HR and 198RBI.
×
×
  • Create New...