Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,115
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. From ABTY on Theo at Gray's start yesterday: For those of us who prefer Gray, this is pretty exciting to hear.
  2. I'm tempted. Does Manaea have any sort of arm problems or is it just the hip thing? I thought the most recent injury was shoulder related which makes me completely uninterested in giving up the rest of the draft for him.
  3. I'm not sure which is more impressive, Castillo's 37K/1BB as a hitter or Melancon's 25K/1BB as a pitcher.
  4. Yes, use Navarro as the final hitter instead of Soriano. Brilliant.
  5. Courtesy of ABTY7: I'd be shocked if the Rockies made that pick with Gray available.
  6. There's the sombrero for Rizzo. Statistical normalization at its finest.
  7. Nice contact on a 2-0 pitch Starlin. Nearly as bad as the check swing thing a couple games ago in the same count.
  8. Is it just me or has Starlin had a ridiculous amount of warning track flyballs lately. That was at least the 3rd just in the past 2 days.
  9. Nice strike 3 ump. Must be nice to be terrible at your job and still have all that security.
  10. Umps blow yet another call. A real shocker there.
  11. Matt Kemp has 1HR over his last 170ABs.
  12. Umpires blew yet another HR call after viewing indisputable replay. That's the 4th in just the last couple weeks. Rumors are flying that they're doing this as a way of silent protesting. http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=27229593&c_id=mlb
  13. The Braves have already lost Venters to TJS and O'Flaherty just tore his UCL which means he's likely going to get TJS as well. They're certainly going to be looking for a lot of help.
  14. Hopefully he wasn't referring to Dillon Maples. If so, boo to Mr. Law on that. Yeah I saw this and I adamantly disagree. If we're talking ceiling, that means everything works out for Maples. To say that his stuff isn't good enough to start regardless of health is quite frankly pretty stupid.
  15. Wheeler, Syndergaard and D'Arnaud. They're all top 25 talents.
  16. Christian Yelich was already a stud, but now he has me questioning if maybe he's going to replace Oscar Taveras as the best bat in the minors. http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=592885 Miami has the making of one hell of a foundation with Fernandez, Stanton, Yelich, Syndergaard, Nicolino, Ozuna, Marisnick and their impending top 3 pick in 2014.
  17. The last two nights have been a really nice change of pace from the mostly uneventful first month.
  18. I agree which surprises me considering how far I had Rodon ahead of the pack going into the season. Now he's not even the first pitcher I'd take.
  19. worst CFs in the past calendar year: http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=cf&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=450&type=3&season=2013&month=10&season1=2013&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0 Man, Cespedes makes me cry. He's a good player when he plays, but the man is almost always dinged up and it's always something different.
  20. Sorry, but I just can't bite on Bryant. To the best of my knowledge, he hasn't faced even one legit draft prospect this year. Quite frankly I imagine his ceiling as something like a Cincy Adam Dunn type guy. It's a very nice ceiling, but I still think it pales compared to Gray's ceiling and lacks the likelihood of Appel's ceiling. Guarantee me he sticks at 3B and then I'm listening to taking him at #2. Let him put up numbers against legit draft prospects and I'd put him in the discussion too, but until then there's just too many questions.
  21. The more I get into saber the more insufferable it becomes watching anyone on ESPN and 90% of MLB Network talk about baseball.
  22. Other than Wells, that isn't that crazy or any sort of sss. Swisher has been above 3.5 fWAR every year the last 3 years along with an OPS comfortably above .800. Beltre has had fWAR's of 6.6, 5.3, and 6.2 the last 3 years and has 2 seasons of .900+ OPS and a .892 OPS over that time. For whatever reason Beltre never really gets mentioned as an elite player, but his production puts him there. The guy has basically been the best 3B in baseball over the last 4 years.
  23. Any interest depending on the cost, assuming they're ready to move him? With the emergence of Valbuena, Chisenhall is really kind of redundant.
×
×
  • Create New...