Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,115
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. It seems fair right? One team gets asked for Didi Gregorious and the other gets asked for Castro.
  2. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see the electric stuff that has caused Teheran to be so hyped for so long. I was willing to buy into that his mechanics were fixed after a horrible 2012, but his stuff isn't over impressive. Granted it's only one game.
  3. Through 4 games Rizzo and Castro are batting a combined .143. Not good at all.
  4. Castro and Rizzo off to some pretty uninspiring starts.
  5. Top 10 prospect Jose Fernandez is going to start the year with the team and apparently throw 140-170 innings in the bigs this year. The problem is that he has never thrown a pitch at a level above high A ball. This is being done for all the wrong reasons.
  6. Wouldn't it be better to just leave him off? Putting him at 48 just because he was returned when in reality he'd be quite a bit higher seems to ruin of the integrity of the list. Granted it's not like we're taking this list all that seriously.
  7. Nice, there's still some potential in that arm but he just wasn't anywhere near MLB ready.
  8. Not a big deal at all other than him missing a month. Markakis came back just find last year and Sandoval came back just fine a couple years ago.
  9. I went Saunders, Contreras and Torrez. Even though Saunder's babip is absolutely ridiculous and unsustainable, I think he has a pretty good chance to be a big league utility guy.
  10. Drafted in 2011 and he's thrown 10.1 innings, none above the AZL. If he has TJS then he's going to be 22 before he even sees Boise or Peoria. At this point I'd be thrilled if he even turned into a decent set up guy.
  11. Never been a big Appel fan, but I'm slowly being converted.
  12. I thought Bystro mentioned before that Dominic Brown was being offered. I'm not particularly upset if that's all it was.
  13. I went Golden/Rosario/Dunston based purely on upside despite fairly marginal performances thus far.
  14. Starting to like Ziomek more and more after reading up on him following a mock draft having the Cubs take him with their second pick. I just wonder if he's going to be available then.
  15. Have to assume Whitson is going to stay until '14. Even if he rebounds and has a healthy season I still don't think you can take him in the first round. I Really wish there was even a slight chance at getting Rodon.
  16. Another guy who makes my extremely unlikely dream of Manaea and Whitson slightly more probable.
  17. The list is full of University of Miami former players, one of which is Braun, and their assistant coach. Combine that with paying a guy 20-30K who has no medical degree for his expert consultation. The evidence is becoming overwhelming.
  18. A new mock with the Cubs taking Manaea and Kevin Ziomek from Vandy. http://throughthefencebaseball.com/2013-mlb-mock-draft-6-0-first-two-rounds-including-lottery/28680/
  19. Heh heh. I like Torreyes too, but he should hit over .711-OPS before we can fuss much. One-toolers need to hit first before expecting much buzz. On Vitters, "Some scouts inside and outside organization feel comfortable projecting a .275/20 HR hitter. Brings little intensity to ballpark. Destroys left handers .331/.377/.625. Fielding is only adequate at best." Does an .811 OPS after the ASB, when he wasn't getting babip screwed, along with above average defense at 2B do anything for you? How about increasing his walk rate from 4.8% in 2011 to 7.0% in 2012? 32BB/29K? Oh yeah, he did all this while being 19 in A+ which is a notorious pitcher's league.
  20. How does Torreyes now make the top 31? I still like him more than any other 2B prospect in the organization.
  21. It's time for Theo/Jed to go get Skaggs. The DBacks have Kennedy/Cahill/McCarthy/Delgado/Miley penciled in as their rotation with Hudson coming back eventually. That makes Corbin and Skaggs the odd men out and I can't envision Skaggs sitting in the minors all year.
  22. Yet another pitcher for Arizona. If Towers has a plan I don't get it.
×
×
  • Create New...