Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,115
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. completely unrelated to the off season, but I'd just like to say how thankful I am for this board. If I have to explain to one more person on another board what FIP,xFIP,SIERA etc are and why it's ridiculous to use W/L and ERA when judging the Edwin signing a puppy is getting kicked.
  2. Top 5 CFers by fWAR over the last 4 years: Andrew McCutchen 20.4 Michael Bourn 20.1 Josh Hamilton 18.2 Matt Kemp 18.0 Shane Victorino 16.6
  3. Baker+Edwin+Feldman+Villanueva=73.5M Anibal Sanchez=80M
  4. Is there any real chance the Cubs sign Bourn? I just haven't heard much in three weeks to make me think he's still being considered. The insiders on PSD have both confirmed that the Cubs are interested in Bourn as recently as a few hours ago and that Bourn actually had interest in the Cubs as well.
  5. The dream: 2015 Opening day rotation Price Samardzija Garza Jackson Appel
  6. Feldman was told he would be a starter too.
  7. Really happy happy with the moves we've made but I can't help but think about the rotation that could have been. Sanchez/Garza/Samardzija/Jackson/Baker/Feldman/Wood......lacks a true ace but 1-5 are all middle to top of the rotation guys.
  8. Monopolize all the pitchers then unload the Bakers and Feldmans of the world for Olt and Odorizzi respectively. Market inefficiency.
  9. Would Gyorko/Kelly/Portillo get it done for you guys? My instant reaction was no, but now I'm not as sure.
  10. Lake is playing really well in the winter league. He's continuing to increase his walk rate from 7.95% in the regular season to 8.48% in winter league both following a 2011 where his walk rate was 4.09%. The concern is that his K rate is still really high. .311/.379/.849 in the winter league so far.
  11. Wood Yeah that's logical, but for whatever reason I just can't imagine Wood and Villanueva sitting in the bullpen. Granted that would make for a vastly improved pen. I think the chances that both would remain in the pen all year are pretty slim. Yeah for sure. Even if the rotation avoided injuries, they'd just be plugged in when Feldman and Baker are inevitably traded.
  12. I suspect this was more that they didn't want to put up with Yunel's [expletive] unless the Marlins took something of almost no value rather than that they value Lake more than Yunel.
  13. Wood Yeah that's logical, but for whatever reason I just can't imagine Wood and Villanueva sitting in the bullpen. Granted that would make for a vastly improved pen.
  14. 7 starters to me means there has to be a trade of some sort happening. I really can't imagine Villanueva and Wood being stuffed in the pen.
  15. Bullpen still really needs another lefty after dfaing Beliveau. Not sure that I like JP Howell over Beliveau, but that's what I see happening.
  16. That's fine with me. Personally I'd prefer keep him unless we get a ridiculous package like I mentioned before.
  17. Guy who has connections in the Royals' organization.
  18. ABTY Gyorko+Kelly+Maybin would be about right for me.
  19. Adding Villaneuva and still pursuing Edwin Jackson makes me real concerned that the Rumors about Garza's arm that ABTY was talking about are real.
  20. Me too, but would you trade one of our top prospects for him? I wouldn't, he could easily end up being a reliever. Maybe the Royals are looking for someone like Barney to replace Johnny Giavotella at 2B since they're seemingly all in for 2013.
  21. I'd certainly be willing to take Yordano Ventura off their hands.
  22. Kendry Morales goes to the M's for Jason Vargas. I love this trade for the M's. Vargas is awful outside of Safeco and Kendry had a nice second half in his first year back.
  23. I can see a very good argument for Torreyes at this point. He's a guy who will be 20 all next season. At age 19 in A+ ball he played above average defense at 2B, improved his walk rate from 4.38% to 6.3%. In the first half he had that outrageously horrible babip luck, but after the ASB he put up a 297BA 361OBP 450SLG 811OPS line in a notorious pitchers league.
  24. I went Torreyes, Candelario and Underwood.
×
×
  • Create New...