Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,115
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8759244/oakland-shortstop-hiroyuki-nakajima-agree-two-year-deal It would take a long time to explain. Just consider it a cultural thing.
  2. If the Angels get anything of value for Wells, and we can't move Soriano that will suck. per ABTY, the Angels are willing to eat a lot more of Wells' contract and they're also willing to take back a bad contract for a nice return.
  3. 4/56 is the highest I'd be comfortable with; I'd begrudgingly go 4/60. 5/70 is absolute max and to be honest I'd feel real uncomfortable with that.
  4. If I remember correctly the "too steep" meant that the Padres wouldn't go 4 years. I personally have no problem with Edwin on a 4 year deal. Maybe 4/52 or 4/56.
  5. Already older and depends almost entirely on his speed to provide his value.
  6. Good job Jay you stupid [expletive].
  7. I give up, The refs are going to [expletive] us no matter what we do.
  8. It's not often you see a team get ref fucked on their own field.
  9. 2 and 10 and they call the sweep. Tice couldn't be worse if he tried.
  10. 1 and 20 down 11 and dumb [expletive] Tice with the draw.
  11. Tice is awful, absolutely [expletive] awful. [expletive] this team.
  12. Worst goal line back ever.
  13. Nice pass rush. What did he have 10 seconds to throw the ball?
  14. They run on 1st down every damn time. Real hard to figure out Tice's game plan.
  15. I guess that could have possibilities. Get Payton, anything less is a disappointment You really think there's any chance Lovie comes back after a team that was 7-1 misses the playoffs? Whether they get Sean Payton he's gone.
  16. Game over, season over, good bye Lovie, Tice and Hester.
  17. The Bears must be the single worst team in the NFL against the slant. It's the reason they never beat GB.
  18. Actually sign him? So you would have signed Sanchez for 5/90? what about 6/96? At some point the contract no longer makes sense no matter how much people want their new toy right now.
  19. Damn, depending on those other pieces that's a really nice return on Dickey. If somehow or another Syndergaard or Sanchez is in that deal too then it's an absolute steal. On a side note, when was the last time that 3 of the top 10 prospects in baseball were traded in one off season?
  20. 10)Vitters 11)Johnson 12)Torreyes (I didn't realize I was so much higher on him then pretty much everyone else)
  21. Liriano is not getting anywhere near a 4 or 5 year deal from anyone. He's getting at best a 2 year. He's not exactly comparable to EJax who at least deserves a 4 year deal. I also don't agree this team is worse than it was opening day last year. The starters are at least as good.
  22. Swisher is still out there, not that I'm particularly interested.
  23. Exactly. They're approaching this like they can present a "fair offer" as if they have something else besides money/years to entice FA's here right now. They don't. Odds are you have to pay extra to bring people to a bad team. Then I'm willing to move on and get Marcum or somebody else on a one-year deal, wait for our prospects to grow another season and get closer, and then sign another Marcum to another one year deal next year. Because, to me, Sanchez and Marcum are the same type of pitcher. Except that Sanchez is one hell of a lot better.
×
×
  • Create New...