Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,115
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. I Liked him as a player, but he becomes more and more insufferable the longer he's been out of baseball.
  2. I went Almora because while he doesn't have Soler's extreme upside, I do believe he's a much safer play to be an everyday MLB regular given tools are solid across the board and at a premium position.
  3. I'd have to believe Almora is the only one who any could have a real argument about topping Baez, but given Baez's superstar upside I still think it's him by a good amount.
  4. Probably because Jurrjens is 100% done. His velocity continues to fall and he only struck out like 3.5 per 9 innings last year. Sweeney has no upside and the Cubs already have 5 pitchers who are better than Pelfrey so there's no need to add another back of the rotation arm.
  5. One of the insiders over on PSD mentioned the Cubs had long been in conversation with the Indians and that Choo was a target.
  6. His name is pronounced "Q" "G" just like the letters.
  7. Not going to lie, I'm considering throwing this in my sig. The bullpen is my barometer this offseason. It's not *that* hard to fill a rotation with flippable, useful guys, it's a buyer's market in CF and there's not really much out there for 3b. The bullpen is the dividing line between making a real effort in 2013 and not. This is a good start. I would agree. If they can add Mike Adams to this bullpen then go out and maybe throw a 4 year deal on Bourn, and suddenly this team becomes a lot more interesting. I'm still not sure exactly what the plan should be at 3B.
  8. Not going to lie, I'm considering throwing this in my sig.
  9. Since 3B seems to be a cesspool around MLB, would the Cubs be able to target Nolan Arenado? Not a lot of power, but he has strong contract skills. He's not MLB ready quite yet, but he could be by the ASB.
  10. If what i read is true, the Braves acquiring Upton is all based around giving up Andrelton Simmons. Apparently he's the piece that absolutely must be included.
  11. They have Frieri and Madson who can fill the closer role, why would they pony up closer type money for Fujikawa too?
  12. The guy was fairly bad last year and only once over his last 9 starts did he even get to 6 innings. Combine that with more and more arm problems and I'm surprised they were even able to get Walden. The bad part of this means that Delgado wont be moved.
  13. I don't remember him even being an average defensive corner outfielder, so I'd have extreme doubts about third. With that said, I wouldn't mind him in RF.
  14. I know he had a rough 2012, and that this is baseless speculation, but [expletive], I'd love to get ahold of Tommy Hanson. Especially if salary relief were their primary motivation. Hanson's fastball fell from 91.2 to 89.7 last year. Something clearly isn't right there.
  15. Barney for Porcello seems to be the one that gets brought up the most.
  16. From Marlin Bystro over on PSD:
  17. Depending on whether or not he got a NTC, he could make fantastic trade bait in '13 or '14. Teams are always willing to way overpay for a closer.
  18. I really don't think so. Bourn is going to be 30 all season next year and for a guy whose value is dependent almost entirely on his legs, I think he'll get something similar to Upton.
  19. Pretty much exactly where I figured it would be. I'm not particularly upset. Now if they go out and get someone like Pagan at 12 annually then I'll be displeased.
  20. I'll wait until I see the figures before reacting. If he can be had for 5 or less years at 12-14 annually or less, then I might be a bit annoyed.
  21. This sounds about right to me too. If that's all it took it should have been done already. My guess is they'd want one of Rizzo/Castro +2 of Baez/Soler/Almora as a bare minimum. I wouldn't be surprised if it was something like Rizzo/Samadzija/Soler.
  22. It's not me who is putting forward the extreme here. The opposing argument is that the Cubs' current front office took over a team so incredibly awful that there was no point in even trying to field a competitive baseball team and therefore they cannot be blamed when it went incredibly, incredibly wrong. I'm not the one saying that the only relevant information about what they inherited is the 2012 fWAR of players who were on the Cubs in 2011 and project to be in 2013. The Rizzo trade proves my point: You don't need to pay $5 million per win. You can find them if you make smart decisions. They made some, they could have made more. Trades like the Rizzo deal aren't available everywhere. It's not fair to expect him to find all these trades that vastly improve the team's value in one full year. At the same time, Theo probably didn't think it was worth adding significant payroll to try and make the Cubs contender in 2012. They only had one more year of Demp, Sori was coming off an absolutely wretched year etc etc. He most likely didn't think the odds of the team being competitive warranted tying down payroll flexibility.
  23. So we're back to the point where Theo and Jed mind-controlled the Padres into giving us Rizzo for a completely worthless asset? Why is it always extremes with you? No one claimed anything like you said, but Theo was smart enough to find a buy low opportunity on a guy with lots of upsides. He was smart enough to shop a guy who someone saw as a front of the rotation starter when the reality is that he was a bullpen guy whose arm couldn't hold up as a starter.
  24. A foundation of Rizzo/Castro/Stanton/Myers would make me irrationally happy. Like 2003 before the implosion happy.
  25. Do the Marlins have any contracts left to absorb. I really doubt it. Isn't their payroll down to like 27M or something like that?
×
×
  • Create New...