Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,113
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. We don't really have a 2014 draft thread so I thought I'd post here. The more I read about Rodon the more I feel like he's a must have. His level of talent exceeds anything we've seen in the 2012/2013 draft and he has the making of a guy who could be a franchise changer. Am I wrong in valuing this guy enough to be completely okay with a tank job in order to land him?
  2. For Reddick? Absolutely not. For Cespedes, yeah I'd be game.
  3. The worst part is that this [expletive] is just going to keep happening when they restock next year with the best hitter in the minors, Oscar Taveras.
  4. [expletive] everything. Pixie [expletive] dust every god damn year.
  5. Seriously, Daniel "who the [expletive] am I" Descalso goes ape [expletive] in game 5. Some random Cardinal scrub does this every year.
  6. Oh you just know this little [expletive] Descalso is going to tie this up.
  7. I still think Garza+Vitters for a Package like Olt+Buckel is the way to go. The Rangers don't have any place for Olt to go unless they shift him to 1B where his above average to plus 3B defense is wasted. I just can't see Olt or Andrus being with Texas when the 2013 season starts.
  8. 15 minute drive to watch a game now; I may actually look at season tickets.
  9. He wasn't able to locate anything. I believe he also had 3 wild pitches to go with the 3 BB and HBP.
  10. KC pitching coach goes to the mound and the next pitch hits Soler in the back.......
  11. Oh good, Olt will have company on the bench.
  12. Based on the O's production of pitchers, I feel that's a pretty safe bet that he never approaches his ceiling. Outside of a couple year stretch with Bedard, have they even had a good pitcher since Mussina?
  13. I feel bad for Baltimore fans; it's like their FO is intentionally sabotaging both relations and performance of the best pitching prospect in baseball. I have no problem with it when he is in the minors as it will cause him to work on other pitches. But if they call him up, they better let him use his best pitch. Of course. I have zero issues with them having Bundy work on his other pitches in the minors, but to completely scrap his best pitch forever is completely ridiculous. Especially given the moronic excuses they use for disliking the cutter.
  14. I feel bad for Baltimore fans; it's like their FO is intentionally sabotaging both relations and performance of the best pitching prospect in baseball.
  15. i was a bit surprised they started him at AA this year, but his performance (almost .800 OPS in a pitcher's league) has certainly justified their decision. it's kind of dumb calling him up at this point, but i don't think a month and a half in the majors before he's ready is going to ruin him. the angels called up mike trout as a teenager last year, he sucked in his trial, but now he's the best player in baseball history. Trout was also destroying AAA before he was promoted; Machado is doing just OK at AA.
  16. Wake up, Hanley Ramirez is good. Not particularly. He's on pace to finish around 2.5WAR this year after 1.3 the year before.
  17. The fact that Wil Myers is still in the minors while Francouer continues to occupy KC's roster is an example of the fact that not all GMs are baseball smart. Wil Myers AA and AAA combined: .310 AVG .389 OBP 1.031 OPS and 33HR.
  18. 2013 is going to be pretty similar to this year, but with a lot more of the younger players like Vitters etc getting the playing time. I wont be at all surprised if Theo brings in a young impact type of player this off season. 2014 is the year I think this team because decent enough to hang around .500 thanks to a few FAs. 2015 is the year I expect this team to be a legitimately good 90 win type of team. If all goes well this would also be the year that guys like Baez, Almora, Soler etc can help out the the team at some point during the year.
  19. It has to take years because that is how the front office has decided to go about doing the rebuild. While I won't even attempt to argue that, there were a few comments alluding to a lower payroll over the next couple of seasons allowing for the renovation process. No clue, but maybe Ricketts NEEDS the extra money for that? Considering the mayor wasn't even taking his calls, I'd say that's a pretty good assumption.
  20. Getting extra pair of pants ready just in case.
  21. If Theo can get Vizcaino for Johnson and Maholm, I wonder what he can get for Garza........
  22. Could not be happier with this trade. Vizcaino has an absolutely elite upside. Even if he can't make it as a starter he's a really good bet for a closer type.
  23. What could the Reds possibly offer besides Hamilton, who I assume is unavailable.
  24. The best deal is to now extend him. And I was in the trade Garza camp. But only if we could have gotten a teams #1 and #2, + 2 more in the top 20. That didn't happen so now is the time to extend him. They should not extend him. It all depends. If he'll sign for 15M a year then I'm game, but if he he wants 18+ then it's time to move him.
×
×
  • Create New...