Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,115
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. My man crush is going to prove the doubters wrong this year. I'm loving all of these walks.
  2. I'm honestly starting to lose interest in the team. I still like watching the minors, but even watching Rizzo and Castro isn't enough to make me care that much anymore.
  3. The 2013 Chicago Cubs, stealing defeat from the jaws of victory
  4. This team just refuses to let itself win.
  5. Dave Sappelt you dumb bastard. It's a 2 run game do not dive at that ball.
  6. Even the biggest doom boner couldn't have predicted the offense would be this terrible. This is absolutely pathetic.
  7. God I wish it was more likely he could stick at 3B, but with a less than 25% chance you just can't warrant using the #2 pick on that.
  8. I know it wont happen, but if Theo stood by and let this happen I would be 100% done with this team.
  9. Middle of the order goes down without so much as a wimper. This team absolutely sucks
  10. As expected, the team is now going to lay down and die for the rest of the game.
  11. It's amazing that even more is going wrong this year than last year when seemingly everything went wrong.
  12. Checking what Renteria was doing at Castro's age, Renteria averaged a 1.66 WAR through his age 23 season and had already accumulated two sub-1 WAR seasons. It's definitely possible Castro doesn't take the next step in his game but he's still young enough that I don't think it's unreasonable to expect improvement. I'm not writing him off, but it is really disheartening to see almost zero improvement from him at the plate.
  13. This team is so embarrassingly awful on defense. Little league error after little league error.
  14. I'm probably going to catch a ton of [expletive] for this, but is anyone else starting to have some pretty extreme doubts about Castro being anything more than a good player? The defense has improved, but the bat has done very little improving over the last 3 years. He's still extremely young and a a 3 to 4 WAR SS is nice to have, but I was expecting a guy who was somewhere between Hanley and Edgar Renteria.
  15. Chris Davis with another HR and his OPS is now up to 1.353. Absolutely ridiculous.
  16. Pierre Szczur with 2HR already. He still has a good shot at being a 4th OFer type.
  17. Anthony Rendon is getting the call for the injured Ryan Zimmerman. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes Espinosa's job at 2B later on.
  18. Let's start with Chris Davis who has been possessed by the ghost of Babe Ruth: .382BA .470OBP .818SLG 1.288OPS with 6HR and 20RBI already. Matt Harvey: 29IP .93ERA 10H 9BB 32K .66WHIP Coco Crisp: .345BA .441OBP .759SLG 1.200 OPS (only a .306BABIP) Justin Upton: .311BA .377OBP .820SLG 1.197OPS with 9HR (only a .286BABIP) Paul Maholm: 20.1IP 0ERA 11H 5BB 20K .79WHIP On the Ugly side: Matt Kemp: .182BA .217OBP .255SLG .471OPS Matt Cain(7.15)/Cole Hamels(6.46)/David Price's(6.26) ERAs qualify as the 4th, 5th and 6th worst of qualified starters so far. Edinson Volquez, Brett Myers and Julio Teheran are the only ones worse.
  19. I think we all knew they were going to be absolutely terrible and even their 2-11 record isn't that surprising. However, what I didn't realize, until today, is that through 13 games they have scored a total of 23 runs or an average of 1.77 runs per game. For comparison, even the Cubs are averaging 3.5 runs per game. 1.77 runs per game also puts them on pace for 287 runs on the year. Obviously it's a small sample size, but that's absolutely brutal baseball.
  20. If the Mets dangle D'arnaud and Wheeler or the Rangers include Profar then no.
  21. Huge bitch move by Quentin. In cases like this where the player goes out to intentionally hurt the other player then they need to sit out until the hurt player is back. Full count in a one run game with zero outs. As if he's going to intentionally throw at you in that scenario. I hope Kershaw buries one in his ear.
  22. Gregorious had nothing to do with the Upton trade, unless I am missing information. You're right, it was the Bauer trade. I just went brain dead.
  23. I've never seen Shark have an outing where both his stuff was working and he was spotting his fastball as well as he has done today. This is true elite type ace stuff.
×
×
  • Create New...