Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,115
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. The Oriole's Adam Jones has not taken a walk since May 12 a total of 162 plate appearances ago. For the season he now has a 2.3% BB%. Starlin Castro has a 3.6% BB%.
  2. Speaking of which! Martin Perez or Leonys Martin would make me irrationally happy. Of course I'd be pretty happy with Roughned Odor as a secondary piece as well.
  3. With Russell I'd want a legitimate top 100 talent and a near ready MLB ready talent with a pedigree who perhaps hasn't panned out so far. Something like Russell+Someone in the 15-25 range for Sonny Gray and Jemile Weeks.
  4. Gallardo's velocity is down to 90.6MPH on his fastball and he's striking out fewer batters than he ever has before. Any team willing to mortgage the future for him is taking an enormous risk.
  5. As a secondary piece maybe, but I'd be disappointed if he was the headliner. I just don't see TOR potential that some others see.
  6. Any deal with the Dodgers starts with Joc Pederson. Soler/Almora/Pederson sounds damn good to me.
  7. 1. Baez 2. Almora 3. Soler 4. Bryant 5. Alcantara 6. Vizcaino 7. Johnson 8. Candelario 9. Paniagua 10. Vogelbach 11. Lake 12. Villanueva 13. Underwood 14. Szczur 15. Blackburn 16. Cabrera 17. Zastryzny 18. Torreyes 19. Maples 20. Hendricks 21. Contreras 22. Golden 23. Vitters 24. Brett Jackson 25. Dunston 26. Hannemann 27. Wells 28. Watkins 29. Ha 30. Amaya
  8. Roch Kubatko ‏@masnRoch 33s What a shame. The guy was the clear cut best pitching prospect in baseball and now who knows what the future holds. We may not see him until late 2014 if things go badly.
  9. The Tigers desperately need to replace Valverde. I know some of the talking heads on Detroit sports radio would give up Castellanos in a deal for a closer or catcher. Would a Gregg & Navarro for Castellanos be starting point? Anyone else in the DET system worth targeting instead? I assume J McCann is off limits, since C is such a hole for them. It might be a decent ending point, assuming the starting point was exceptional. Maybe I'm underestimating Gregg's value. Where would you start? Think about it this way. Would you give up Baez for half a season of Kevin Gregg and Navarro? That package gets you a Casey Crosby, not Castellanos or Garcia or even Rondon.
  10. I'm not sure why you think Vizcaino's arm has suddenly fallen off just because he had some calcium removed. Sure it's an annoying set back, but it's not like his tendons are having any issues that will hinder him going forward.
  11. I can't imagine that's the case. Things would really have to go wrong for one of Alcantara, Torreyes or Baez to not take his spot.
  12. I've been thinking this lately and today pretty much cements it for me. Is the Cubs farm far and away the best collection of position playing prospects in baseball? Minnesota has 2 super studs, but is that enough to negate Baez, Soler, Almora, Bryant, Alcantara and Vogelbach? That's 6 bats who all may end up in the top 100 at year's end.
  13. If he can maintain even a rather mundane .050 ISoD then I think we may very well have a superstar on our hands. I still can't get over the thought of a Baez, Bryant, Rizzo and Castro infield. Filthy potential.
  14. ? Box score I'm looking at on MiLB.com still has it at 6-5 Cubs, and Javy with just the 2 ABs. Box score is usually behind a decent bit.
  15. I refuse to believe that Bryant is going to be so expensive that we had to underslot the hell out of the 2nd and 3rd round picks. There has to be an agreed upon big deal later right?
  16. I really want this pick to be Wahl. Grab him with this pick and this has the makings for a great draft.
×
×
  • Create New...