Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,119
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. yeah this is mostly where i'm at, taking 16?/20 pitchers makes it even more annoying for me that they targeted Horton so hard at the expense of safe, impact position players left available at 7 i guess the way that this all pays off is if we go completely nuts in spending on a top FA hitter with the budgetary gains of having an entirely home grown bullpen and similarly cheap in-house rotation, or develop so many of them well enough that we can get trade bounties, but that all seems pretty far fetched given the org's spotty history in player dev If they hadn't added Carter Hawkins as GM I'd hate adding all the pitching too, but given his history I'm kind of excited to see what he can do.
  2. They're sitting with the 4th worst record currently and half a game out of 3rd worst. I don't think they'll catch the Nationals who are just amazingly awful(on pace for 109 L with Soto). It's unfortunate that the lottery starts during this draft, because once Robertson/Contreras are traded, I think they're a near lock for top 3.
  3. I'd agree with the first paragraph. It was not at all my preferred draft strategy. With that said, I do think they did quite well overall and added a lot of really intriguing guys. They chased after upside, which I'm always a fan of in the later rounds of the draft.
  4. Soto I can't think of anyone else who is widely known as available and could snag Alvarez. Even Contreras+Happ+Robertson probably isn't enough
  5. The team picking after the Cubs has Lee nd Prielipp. Not pleased.
  6. Logenhagen says Cam and the Reds have a 5M+ deal.
  7. Supposedly Brock Porter is being steered to a team in the 30s for a big overslot
  8. Horton shouldn't be anywhere near slot, at least I'd hope.
  9. With Johnson gone, I'm indifferent between Lee and Collier.
  10. If Caissie gets a bump to AA and continues hitting, there is no excuse for him not to be in the top 100.
  11. I don't think Pinango gets enough love. His ISO has literally doubled and while it's not amazing, he's putting up a 114 wRC+ at A+ in his age 20 season. I don't know that he has any star power, but I could see him as good 4th OFer type or a a cheap 3rd OFer putting up 2-2.5fWAR seasons. If it carries over to AA this season, I think he has to be in the top 15.
  12. 30 years ago....good god I'm old
  13. He'd have to be completely free and in a year where we have no real chance of competing. I'm not real interested in giving at bats to a guy that has put up a -.9 fWAR over his last 194 games if the games have any meaning.
  14. If they seriously want to win as soon as 2023, they need to prioritize Musgrove in free agency and snag Pablo Lopez from Miami in a trade. There's no real star power in that starting 5 but I think Musgrove/Lopez/Hendricks/Stroman/Steele/Thompson has fantastic depth and would make for a really good regular season rotation. In the post season it's pretty lackluster, but who knows.
  15. Running out the same team and hoping for a different result. I see we're taking the Chicago Cubs 2018-2020 approach.
  16. yeah have to say he's acquitting himself pretty well, but i'd like to know more about the high H/9 which is in stark contrast to his more dominant teammate [attachment=0]mwl.JPG[/attachment] unfortunately there's really not much prospect firepower in the MWL to compare him to statistically though Dax Fulton is about the only recognizable name up there, at least for me.
  17. Hey great, 2 more teams to stomp on the lifeless carcass that is Illinois football.
  18. That sounds like Close not wanting to sound like a pushover and does nothing for Freeman at all. It would once again be an agent acting in his own best interest over his client's.
  19. I've never encountered anyone that thought Almora was actually good. He never had enough tools to be taken seriously and the ones he had never developed enough (or at all) to matter. Maybe advancing to 2nd in the 10th inning of Game 7 sucked all the potential out of him. What was the ridiculous draft comp that I believe Harold Reynolds gave him? I believe it was either Arod or Braun, I can't remember which, but it was very obvious that those tools never existed.
  20. Guy has a 90 wRC+ and he's running his mouth.
  21. Good for CJ, he was very close to being out of baseball for a bit there. I hope he keeps killing it.
  22. There really isn't anyone available near the Bulls' pick that I have much interest in. I hope they either make a pick for another team and use it to essentially trade up or they package it and add a proven player.
×
×
  • Create New...