The 3rd executive saying a top 10 prospect in the game along with a fringe top 100 guy has lost his damn mind. I can easily see a couple top 100 guys, but the top 10 guys carry so much more value than a guy in the latter part of the top 100. My guess would be something painful like Rojas/Ramirez + Kepley+ Reid. I could see it costing both Rojas and Ramirez and man would that suck.
It's going to be fun when the Brewers take the division again after losing several major pieces and having significant early season injury issues. Meanwhile the team with the roughly $100M payroll advantage seems to make up zero ground.
Taillon has been straight up awful. He had literally the worst FIP of qualified pitchers at 5.60 and that was prior to tonight. He currently has a 6.37 FIP which is beyond merely terrible.
It's the Brewers, even if Priester fails, they'll find some random cast off from another team and he'll suddenly be a top half of the rotation starter.
Maybe it's a hot take, but I'm fairly disappointed with Cabrera so far. He has pitched like a guy who should be your #4 or #5 on a playoff caliber rotation. I thought the pitch lab would be able to unlock more.
We are now roughly a quarter of the way through the season and every team in the NLC is above .500. I'm curious to know the latest in a season an entire division has been above .500. The Reds are on 85 win pace and they're last in the division.