Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,081
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Austin Reeves just got 4/185, I see no issues at all with Ayo on a 5/112 deal.
  2. It's not even that his shooting is all that bad, it's just incredibly slow. He hits his open shots, but he's going to have to drastically speed up his release in the NBA.
  3. I just don't see where the shooting on this team is going to come from. Improved on defense, on the boards and In the paint, but damn are they going to be bad behind the arc.
  4. The positives. He's a good FT shooter and he's a good mid range shooter and slasher. He's a high effort guy who should play good defense and get some rebounds. The downside, between him and Caleb and the rest of the roster, they are in desperate need of a sharp shooter.
  5. Well if nothing else, the team will be greatly improved on defense.
  6. I mean yeah, according to espn it's a reach, but a lot of other places had him in the 15-18 range, so I'm not sure it's that much of a reach. You've just got a lot of bust potential on this one.
  7. Well they went upside at least. That's something.
  8. horsefeathers the Thunder, seriously they get Mara at #12.
  9. Wow Morez Johnson went early
  10. First 7 picks have gone pretty much exactly how most had them going
  11. If Acuff slides to 8 or 9, they need to do what they have to, to make him a Bull.
  12. Biggest upside in the draft, supreme athlete, 3pt shot is a work in progress. A true above the rim athlete.
  13. What's weird is both Mikel Brown and Wagler canceled their visit to Sacramento who has pick 7 so they must feel they're both going before that, which would make sense at #5 and #6, but a Clipper FO member's kid decided to leak that they'd pretty much decided on Acuff. So I guess we'll see.
  14. Assuming neither Dybansta and Peterson are not available at #4, this is what I'd like to see #4) Caleb Wilson- I want him over Boozer and if the FO is stupid enough to grab anyone besides one of the top 4 at #4, I'm out #15) Assuming they don't trade up and thinking of people who realistically will be there at #15 I'd be pretty happy with either of Cameron Carr or Morez Johnson and I'd be on board with any of Karim Lopez, Christian Anderson, Hannes Steinbach Players I absolutely do not want at #15 Yaxel Lendeborg- His talent isn't the issue, but he has the emotional maturity of an angsty 13 year old and he's old enough that he should have grown out of that by now Jayden Quaintance- If he's healthy, he'd be a steal at #15. A true rim protector and elite defender, but he's never healthy and I have no interest in starting a rebuild with a guy who probably never sees the court
  15. Since July 15th of 2024, PCA ranks 6th overall for position players at 11.8 fWAR behind only Cal Raleigh, Corbin Carroll, Shohei Ohtani, Bobby Wit Jr. and Aaron Judge.
  16. That's the least of the crazy. I'm looking at an article right now that wants the Cubs to give up Shaw, Alcantara and Ayers for Sonny Gray. That's just an absurdly huge overpay.
  17. We don't really have a place to talk trades, but I just read an article that suggested Kane Kepley and Kaleb Wing for Sonny Gray. If the Cubs were 15 games over and one front line starter from being amongst the WS favorites sure. With that said, throwing that kind of prospect capital for half a season when this team is clearly nowhere near a contender would be criminal.
  18. Well, 5 days until we find out if the Bulls accept the gift that luck gave them or they over think it and continue being the horsefeathers franchise they've been for the majority of the last 10-15 years.
  19. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm quite high on Jahdae Walker. Maybe the Bears aren't and that's why they drafted Thomas.
  20. Under, I think he's the pretty clear #4 and his usage is going to be mostly gadget plays.
  21. Are the Spurs giving up picks too?
  22. He's putting together a nice little season
  23. Not to mention this is going to steer young athletes away from baseball
  24. Listening to the guys on the Score this morning, as well as Kendall Gill, nearly unanimously say that if Boozer is the only one left at #4 that they'd take Acuff and I just don't get it. Yeah, the dude is going to score, no doubts about that, but he is horrific defensively and adding him to a team that is already bottom three in the league defensively seems like an awful idea. Also, even as someone who isn't a huge Boozer fan, his "limited upside" is getting so drastically over sold. Yeah, he's probably not a guy who is going to ever be the #1 on team with legit title aspirations, but he absolutely can be a #2 and his floor is basically solid NBA player.
×
×
  • Create New...