Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,081
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Only way it makes sense is if a team is willing to to do a substantial overpay. I mean, let's say the Cubs were, selling, what would a normal market require you to give up for Kelly? Maybe a back of the top 10 type of guy. It's almost certainly not getting a mid rotation or more arm or a high leverage reliever, so I'm not really seeing the point.
  2. If I'm being honest, I don't see how next year's team isn't fairly significantly worse than this team. There's too many holes to fill and too many question marks. There's money, but the FA class sucks.
  3. Crazy to me that we're now 5 days from the trade deadline and there has been an entire 1 trade of any note so far.
  4. I've seen him mentioned a weirdly large amount in trade rumors.
  5. It's because he's super super far away
  6. These suggested trade packages for Detmers are just crazy in my eyes. Ramirez+Wiggins+Kepley. If it's Shaw instead of Ramirez I'm at least entertaining the idea.
  7. Finding it real hard to take you seriously. The farm has 4 guys who have appeared in top 100 lists with Rojas, Kepley, Hartshorn and Wiggins along with a guy in Ayers who might hit some end of season lists. This is not the bottom 10 farm it was to start the year.
  8. He doesn't even give you a chance. Like he could just limit it to like 5iP 4ER there's still a shot, but he can't even manage that lately.
  9. Just stopping in to say the obvious, Taillon cannot be allowed to make anymore starts for the Cubs.
  10. If Michael Wacha is the extent of what they're going to do on the SP market, I'd almost rather just go with what we've got an keep the assets.
  11. He hit 7.0 fWAR last night. He's now 1.9 fWAR ahead of 2nd place and well ahead of Ohtani's Offensive(2.8) and Pitching(3.0) total of 5.8 fWAR.
  12. Wasn't the last report we got on Brown was that there basically no improvement, same with Hunter Harvey.
  13. He's just destroying everyone. He's almost lapping the guy with the 10th highest fWAR this year.
  14. Speaking of Seiya, guy is raking again this year. He's been between 123 and 137 wRC+ the last 4 years. I wasn't big on reupping him to start the year, but I think I'd like him back if he'd take a 2 or 3 year deal.
  15. Definitely no on Seiya and I'm a bit torn on Shaw. I have zero issues whatsoever with dealing Shaw, I'm just not sure Hancock has the kind of upside I'd like if they're going to move Shaw, but if it happened I'd probably be cool with it.
  16. Hadn't realized that Emerson Hancock had turned it around in 2026 after being miserable the 3 years prior.
  17. He's a case of, makes too much contact. Yeah he doesn't K a lot, but he also makes a lot of bad contact on pitches he should just let go.
  18. Based on stats, it looks like they just took his BB% from out right awful to tolerable. The Ks have always been there.
  19. Weaver without a doubt and while I'm not sure either team will end up a seller, give me one of Dustin May/Casey Mize and Adrian Morejon
  20. So you're going to roster 3 catchers for the rest of the year and just hope Amaya gets hurt?
  21. Yeah those Marlins that up until the last 7 games had basically an identical record to the Yankees in a harder division.
  22. I mean Adell has a career 0.0 fWAR since he came up in 2020 and a negative fWAR in 2026 which means he has no to negative value. So this trade is basically two top 50 prospects and the Cubs' 1st round pick from last year for Detmers? Absolutely not, good god no.
×
×
  • Create New...