Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,081
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. I read something saying that he was very resistant to some changes the Marlins were trying to make in his mechanics.
  2. Brewers add Senzatela who has been solid out of the pen this year. That brings their trade deadline total to SP; May RP: Senzatela and Romero Catcher: Naylor A solid deadline, but I really feel like they should have done a lot more
  3. So it looks like the Cubs escape the deadline and still have a pretty good top 10 in any combination of Hartshorn, Ayers, Conrad, Kepley, Wiggins, Wing, Townsend, Sorrell, Bailey and Caple.
  4. Brewers, absolutely. Dodgers, that was always going to be up to luck regardless of what happened at this deadline.
  5. A little surprised that Kepley didn't go. I figured of all the prospect they have that he was the most likely one out the door.
  6. They got a top 5 to top 10 1B in baseball. I'm not going to give Jed guff about trading Hope.
  7. I doubt the Padres are moving Morejon, so who else is out there to make a 2nd splash in the bullpen?
  8. Crazy GB rate with the Cub defense, he's very much made for this team.
  9. Gausman/Holmes/Boyd/Brown/Shota is a legit and very deep top 5. Grabbing a guy to mash lefties was big too as was getting a controllable pen arm with that upside. Go for the grand slam Jed, one more pen arm.
  10. It was definitely high but Holmes is without a doubt a playoff starter and you also get a guy who mashes lefties which they really needed.
  11. That's the first one I would say is an overpay, but for what it gives to this year's rotation I'm mostly OK with it.
  12. Let's go. This rotation is now entirely legit.
  13. Holmes and Rogers probably the 2 realistic starting pitching options left seeing as Detmers is off the tables and the story of the Rangers being sellers seems entirely false.
  14. I really think it's going to be a mistake if they don't move Shaw before the deadline.
  15. We don't really know what else was the ask. I doubt it was Ayers straight up.
  16. So they almost certainly balked at giving away Ayers. God they have to be so high on him.
  17. I'd almost be willing to bet something like this scenario happened. Where the Angels basically were all in on Ayers, Jed was not. Jed pivoted to Braxton has his controllable arm and now he's open to get another controllable arm or a rental for the rotation.
  18. Is it though? Ballesteros is a DH. A DH who already had somewhat questionable power. On top of that, his weaknesses got hard exposed this year and it has translated over to AAA.
  19. I think that's an underestimation of his potential.
  20. Between moving Ballesteros and the mention of Kelly being potentially available, the Cubs are clearly very high on Ayers.
  21. Pricy, but the Cubs must be as down on Ballesteros as I am. He got hard exposed in the major this year.
  22. I wouldn't be at all shocked if it's someone as high up as Kepley.
  23. As an asset, Alcantara has been misused about as much as possible. Guy has to have very minimal value at this point.
×
×
  • Create New...