Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,081
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. He was supposedly very open to an extension with the Mets, but the Mets never offered him one.
  2. He wasn't even being acknowledged as an acquisition by most sports networks. Even Braxton Garrett was getting acknowledged.
  3. Speaking of AA, are we getting close to a Hartshorn appearance? Just shy of 250 PAs and a 130 wRC+ at A+ so far.
  4. He had the double whammy of the covid year plus early injuries, but the the long and short is, the defense is good, the bat is not and hasn't improved even a little.
  5. I had no idea Nwogu was still in the organization. edit: How can you be 6 foot 2, 230lbs and have 1 HR in 151 PAs and 5HRs over your last 519 PAs.
  6. Cubs probably get at least a couple compensation picks next year. Season ends today you definitely throw a QO at Boyd and Seiya. I'm leaning no towards Happ. They can't give one to Shota. Kelly would almost definitely accept and that's way too much money for him. A nice little boost in the draft pool.
  7. If I'm being honest, I don't have a lot of hopes for Kepley at AA and I think they really missed the opportunity to capitalize on his max value, but then again, maybe the other teams knew that as well and weren't interested.
  8. Let me preface this by saying I think Jed did a very good job and substantially strengthened this team even if I feel like he overpaid a bit on the Holmes dead. With that said, a few things I was surprised about 1) Alcantara is still a Cub. He has been mismanaged pretty bad to the point where, I don't think he's benefitting at all by getting more AAA ABs, he wont find regular playtime on the Cubs and he's been held so long that I think his value is down to lead piece in a minor acquisition and a secondary piece in a good, but not major acquisition. 2) Kane Kepley is still a Cub. What exactly is the plan here? 454 PAs of .435 OBP in A+ at age 22 to go with 50 SB in 55 attempts. I thought they were holding him back to trade him so he didn't get exposed at AA, but then they didn't. So what now? 3) The Cub FO seems to have soured on Ballesteros as much as I had. For a guy whose entire identity is his bat, he got exposed pretty hard and there weren't a lot of adjustments at AAA. 4) The Cubs must absolutely love Owen Ayers. Given his age I wanted to jump on the bandwagon but you start to let Matt Mervis creep into your head. Yesterday affirmed the Cubs are definitely on the Ayer's hype train. 5) That Hoyer was able to acquire Braxton Garrett. I was just about sure he was going to be an offseason acquisition, but snagging him now, for that price tag was a win. Even if he comes with some big question marks following an extended injury, he's a guy who was a legitimate mid rotation arm in 2022, 2023 and honestly was good by FIP/xFIP in 2024 as well. If they end up with a mid rotation arm for 2 years for what they gave up, that's a huge win.
  9. Given his demotion from AAA to AA, I suppose it was inevitable.
  10. What's going to happen with Peterson? Once Cabrera is back, he clearly doesn't have a spot in the rotation. Rea is playing the long man role. Assad can at least go to AAA.
  11. I think Assad is going to AAA, Rea is your long man out of the pen. With Miller/Palencia/Steele/Harvey/Brown all various levels of nearing return I can't see how you can fit him in the pen, especially given Peterson.
  12. On his highs he sure does looks like a no doubt top 5 prospect in the game, but he runs those Alfonso Soriano lows where he is not just bad, but god awful for extended periods.
  13. Add a possible Shelby Miller too and the BP weakness could become a strength real quick.
  14. They got arguably the 2nd and 3rd best starting pitchers traded at the deadline. Even my constantly negative ass is fairly thrilled with this.
  15. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this Mize trade doesn't net the Tigers much given his velocity after his last start.
  16. So, one would think that Mize has to be hurt and that's why he wasn't traded and i frankly have no idea why Baltimore didn't trade Rogers.
  17. Victor Vodnik dealt to the Marlins. There's an arm I would have liked to gamble on, more in the offseason than now, but he's pretty electric.
  18. Surely the Tigers trade Mize and the Orioles trade Rogers, right?
  19. 20 minutes to go, but are the Orioles really not going to trade Rogers after selling off so much else? Outside of Rutschman he was probably their most valuable piece.
  20. If they don't believe he can stick at SS, I think that's fair. He's still a really good prospect, but his bat is more above average at 2B/3B, versus really good if he was at SS.
  21. They got 2 guys as good or better than Boyd and a RP with upside as high or higher than anyone in their pen. I mean which starter, other than Skubal, was clearly better than either of Gausman/Holmes?
  22. https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2026/08/marlins-trade-braxton-garrett-cubs.html
  23. Former reliever turned starter, will most definitely be a starter for the Cubs.
×
×
  • Create New...