Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,118
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. That he's being carried by a .404 babip worries me, but then again babips always run really high in the minors and he has greatly increased his BB% while greatly decreasing his K%. So while there is significant change there, I'm not ready to proclaim that he's completely regained all his lost shine just yet.
  2. If Lowe walks off Neris again I might fall over laughing
  3. Periodic reminder that the Cubs missed the playoffs because the pen completely imploded and Jed's answer was Hector Neris. It's remarkably terrible.
  4. $10M closer Neris with the 4.57 FIP and 4.82 xFIP after tonight's
  5. I've mentioned it several times, but maybe pulling Taillon after 6 with 91 pitches, when you know you have a horsefeathers bullpen, wasn't the move.
  6. You're far more confident of that than I am.
  7. Hahaha horsefeathers this team
  8. This bullpen is really really good
  9. I feel like PCA is perpetually working from behind in the count.
  10. Babip gods were kind on a ball that was smoked
  11. Please fire Amaya into the sun
  12. Lead off walk for the pen, I think we know how this ends
  13. Taillon was at 91, I'd have let him come back out.
  14. I'd be thrilled if they added a pen arm as good as Sewald.
  15. I did and it wasn't even solely based on that tweet. The fact is, he continues to preach patience which you cannot do over 5 years and continually completely botch FA while being too scared of your own shadow to make impact trades. I do believe he'll probably make a trade or two, but it's not going to be an impact player.
  16. It's only been 5 years, we all need more patience. With that said, Hoyer can put together a farm but he's complete dog horsefeathers on putting a team together in FA.
  17. I think a lot of us were saying it was smoke and mirrors and were shocked by how they were still putting up the record they were while waiting for the big names to return from injury.
  18. The Sox reportedly wanted a package in excess of the one the Nationals got for Soto. San Diego gave up #9 CJ Abrams, #21 Robert Hassel, #88 James Woods, Formerly very highly rated Mackenzie Gore whose luster was wearing off and then Jarlin Susana whose helium was enormous. That's like asking for PCA+Horton+Ballesteros+Brennan Davis+ Hernandez and even that might be light because PCA isn't as highly ranked as Abrams was and Hernandez doesn't have the hype Jarlin did. To want even more than that is insanity.
  19. A big nope if that's the ask https://x.com/i/web/status/1799864540768698823
  20. I've been assured everything is fine and saying otherwise is overreacting
  21. Of which 2 were come backs against a historically awful team
×
×
  • Create New...