Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,113
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. is it valuable? It seems the Cubs are the ones spending the most on it. If they were out of the market it may plummet in value.
  2. I'm guessing they saved ~$5m and have the right to spend an extra ~$1m at this point. (didn't realize you were already doing the net change in pool)
  3. it has to be a factor if that's the deal. They saved $2.5m, which is relatively close to what they saved by dealing Feldman (presumably)
  4. I'd be curious how much 2013 payroll (and slot space) they trade away versus how much slot space they bring on. I am assuming they will be saving money overall by shift 2013 expenses away from 2013 payroll and toward more kids.
  5. those would be big slots, would they not? Bleacher Nation says roughly 800k. That's nice, big slots are good.[/grace]
  6. http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20130702_Goaltending_on_Holmgren_s_free-agent_list.html There are quite a few goalies out there, aren't there? I hope he's not getting a raise. Wait, he's only 30? Coming off a strong season he's going to get a raise isn't he?
  7. Well, he's nothing special, but he was having a good year and those guys tend to get you nice returns.
  8. I would hope they at least aren't picking up the rest of the tab on Feldman.
  9. Rusin. which probably also means every reliever.
  10. I didn't value him that high but thought they could get a prospect, and not a couple of crappy late 20's bullpen arms.
  11. So I guess they were concerned the bullpen wasn't already walking enough guys?
  12. Exactly, well said. Then why allow the trading of IFA money at all? It's overly complicated stupidity To further benefit the teams that don't want to spend, and provide a compromise for the teams that do want to spend.
  13. I am familiar with it but not how it was used in this opening which is why I asked what the hell it meant.
  14. Right. This isn't a big deal. It's the most perfectly irrelevant Goony nitpicking tangent possible. I just asked what the hell it meant. Who said anything about a big deal?
  15. I did. nothing It's a poorly written opening. "That is to say" suggests he's going to explain what he meant by that opening line, but he does not do that. You shouldn't have to google translate such an opening. Translation: Jason Parks is a well respected authority on minor league prospects. Did you really not understand that, or are you being purposely obtuse? Of course it's not proper writing style, it's Brett's style. It's how the man talks in person. I did not understand it because it did not make any sense.
  16. Well if two Yankees representatives were there I'm not sure how nobody at the Yankees knew about it. An executive VP and a Director obviously knew about it.
  17. that was a curt reply
  18. It is 9:46 AM EDT here, does that count?
×
×
  • Create New...