Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,113
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. it was a brilliant redirect, and it was unlucky post. neither the nbc or cbc announcers mentioned it. they should have been screaming about it, it was masterful. i saw it on the second replay. CBC mentioned the tip several times. The actual call went "Here's a chance for Oduya, tipped, Bolland, scores!" The announcer then mentioned the deflection during replays. Confirmed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yz2VfZDKFI I'm really surprised this is the first time people are claiming they saw/heard of it. It was discussed quite a bit afterward.
  2. Just came to post this. Aaron Hernandez had his own little mafia thing going here... Either that or a bustling car rental business.
  3. Probably because number of potential voters in his jurisdiction >>>>>>>>>>> Wrigley Field. He's a career politician, he will do whatever it takes to appeal to the majority to get their votes to stay in office. Yeah, nobody lives in Wrigley. Ricketts isn't voting for or against him. And the Cubs aren't lining his pockets like the bar owners are.
  4. The only other team in the division I don't hate are the Pirates. The rest are all loathsome to varying degrees. Heh, reply fail. I was talking about the Pirates. I saw goony's hating on them, jumped to this thread, and read the Brewer hate as Pirate hate. I was poo pooing the notion that Pittsburgh deserves to win because of their streak, not commenting on who I would rather see win the division.
  5. F that. Pittsburgh fans have had plenty to cheer about during that stretch.
  6. I am of the opinion that Tunney is saving face for his "constituents" who line his campaign pockets and will ultimately get a few givebacks from the Cubs to appease them. And the Cubs will be fine with that.
  7. Yeah I don't know why but I feel that way too, and I don't think its just a matter of the more recent memory seeming better. Well, they won the president's trophy this year, set some records, and don't have to go through a salary cap dismantling. The fact that they've won 2 in short order also removes the concern that they were a 1 and done group like the 85 Bears.
  8. are stress fractures things that happen at one point or something that builds over time? I don't think it's possible to pinpoint a time when a stress fracture occurred.
  9. That sounds exactly like an opposing viewpoint. It's either a mirage or some legitimate change that can last.
  10. I'd like to wait as well but it's a truncated offseason and they really don't have a choice. But it's not like they were the ones putting it out there, it was a report from other teams in the league.
  11. http://capgeek.com/leaders/?season=2013&type=CAP_HIT&position=-1&limit=50 Still kind of scary that Kane and Toews are only 37 and 38 in the league in size of the cap hit. They will be shooting up that list. Once you get to $8m you are top 7.
  12. If they can move Bolland's salary, that should give them a shot to keep Bickell, no? I fell in love with Bolland in 2010 but he is absolutely not coming back in 2014/15 so they might as well move him. That $3.4m is real cap space.
  13. I don't see the point in lamenting the Soler signing at this point, but they did F up by not hitting on more international signings when it was the only thing they could do at the time (it being buy international free agents).
  14. was that not sarcasm? I thought it was quality sarcasm.
  15. Pedestrian bridges cut into public property, which is the air rights above the street. They are controversial wherever they come. And he has a point about it only serving a select few who would be staying at the hotel. It would be akin to those motes at newer stadiums that separate the hoi polloi from the important people. I think it is an easy thing for them to give up.
  16. Even if it weren't complete fool's gold, it would make almost no sense to keep him I didn't realize there was an opposing camp.
  17. Hah, when searching Montador last night I saw something written months ago that stated these two were almost certain to be amnesty guys, but hadn't heard it anywhere else. I did think the talk of Hossa's buyout didn't hold up. That would be a large sum of money to pay a good player to go away, and while Rocky has been more open with the wallet he has also talked quite a bit about the lack of profits.
  18. Yeah, I don't think it has to do with which sport is better. It's about the simple fact that the Cubs suck right now, and the Hawks are great. it's not a question about which sport is better. The topic was specifically about the intensity and excitement of playoff hockey. baseball is much more about the 6 month regular season. NHL is all about the race for the stanley cup at the end. Regular season hockey is kind of ugo, especially early on and doesn't compare to its postseason.
  19. https://twitter.com/donovanjmcnabb/status/349996538770108416
  20. Maybe Lecavalier is the 2nd line center they've been looking for.
  21. http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=675430
×
×
  • Create New...