Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,113
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 4m #cubs close to record deal with No. 2 overall pick Kris Bryant, 3B from U of San Diego. http://cbsprt.co/12iaN7v
  2. But they are allowed to then sign him without losing the pick themselves, right?
  3. this isn't the nba, 150 points of OPS from anthony rizzo isn't going to determine whether the team is good or not. A .750 OPS Anthony Rizzo vs. a .900 OPS Anthony Rizzo would have a pretty significant effect on the team. Especially when couple with a not horrible Starlin Castro versus a horrible Starlin Castro. The Cubs may not be all that great even if those guys get really good, but they will definitely not be good if those guys aren't good.
  4. I have two family members that have had Brewer season tickets for as long as I can remember and didn't renew last year when this all started pretty much because of Braun. They all hate him for this. That's ridiculous.
  5. Oscar Acosta knew he was never 16.
  6. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/why-justin-bieber-hockey-hero-today-132011823.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
  7. I don't really see it as being absurd at all. The Cubs are a huge revenue generating team and they've cut spending a huge amount. They have focused exclusively on acquiring prospects, and had the 2nd most slot space available to them, while Houston obviously wasn't that interested in using all of theirs since they traded it. They've got the resources and a willingness to go big on these types of guys, plus a desperate desire to add any prospect they can find that most teams don't have.
  8. Really? Seems pretty stupid. Paying to watch people play sports is pretty stupid too, but it's fun.
  9. I wonder if Sveum ever bought him dinner after using and abusing him so roughly last year.
  10. yeah, hopefully his next transgression doesn't come at the expense of a hawks player http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/matt-cooke-permitted-wear-derek-boogaard-no-24-155633633.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
  11. Because it's in Citi Field. That's really dumb, he has 13 HR this year and has never really been a premier power guy. But I guess I get it.... He was a 30 HR guy before Citi Field opened (or at least that's what I hear people say when talking about the Mets, which is never anymore).
  12. http://deadspin.com/minor-league-bat-dog-of-11-years-dies-718921810 I am going to cry like a baby right now
  13. Well, that is the function. It's the easiest place to look up and see what the score/inning/count is. I do not give a crap about other games' scores while I'm in Wrigley Field. If I am somewhere else I appreciate seeing the Cubs score up there, but if I check my phone it is more up to date than any of their scores, and I don't care if a Mets fan is in Chicago watching Cubs/Pirates and can't find out what the Mets score is.
  14. Ads on the old scoreboard is where I draw the line. To each his own, but you have to remember this is what the Cubs are competing with when it comes to getting revenue, revenue that is necessary to compete for talent. http://mlb.mlb.com/images/2009/04/14/mXYT8Esg.jpg It ain't pretty, but I'm sick of sacrificing wins for ascetics.
  15. From what I have seen Hanneman is the one that should move up. Why they still have Skulina working out of the pen is beyond me. He is good. They probably want to limit his innings.
  16. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-wrigley-field-signs-0709-20130709,0,4303451.story
  17. Teddy Greenstein ‏@TeddyGreenstein 21s Glorious morning in Chicago. City has approved massive ads inside & outside Wrigley. So Cubs can afford to sign another reliever who blows.
  18. Trey Lang's twitter Maybe part of that broken past contributed to an inability to be allowed into Canada.
  19. so wtf is that, those guys aren't able to travel to canada? If they aren't US citizens but here on Visa's could there be issues with that?. Obviously they would have to have a passport regardless. I'm going to make a guess that the guys named Trey are indeed US Citizens.
  20. And then they hang up and extend him. Garza is Feldman with better stuff and the same results. Let's let someone else pay for his stuff and name, probably fill a rotation spot for several years, then go get next year's Feldman for half the price and be way better off. There's not an endless line of Feldmans waiting to sign cheap 1 year deals. Cost certainty and not having to sign 3 starting pitchers per offseason matters. There's not an endless line of them, and I'm not sure how many of them are going to keep wanting to sign those deals with Chicago knowing they are only signing them so they can trade for a prospect at the deadline.
  21. But he could have been somebody else's non-prospect prospect not getting blocked while not playing in AAA.
  22. so wtf is that, those guys aren't able to travel to canada? DUI or pot arrests?
×
×
  • Create New...