Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,113
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. The cop has apologized and resigned his post.
  2. phone woman's hair cracks me up
  3. Wow. More like holy [expletive] [expletive]! More like complete lie. Some 16 year old Dominican kid who was recently screwed over by new MLB rules his predecessors never dealt with isn't taking half the money because the Cubs built a park.
  4. It's still too early to say for sure that he's developed his approach, but the early reports look really good. I've been wanting to make the same comment, I guess you're more courageous than I am. Vitters will get a call up at some point, and if he keeps doing what he has been, I'm excited to see what he can do in his second taste of major league pitching. I have no idea what people have against him. It's not like he's 23 at low-A or 33 at AAA. he still has a shot to be an everyday major leaguer, and he's young. But BA doesn't think he's a prospect so I guess he can't be. He's a corner outfielder in waiting with over 2000 professional PA of sub 800 OPS performance. There's just nothing interesting there.
  5. http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18udpzzqmqtlxjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg
  6. I thought I was overly critical of it but plenty of others liked it, but I have no idea now.
  7. Wait the Islanders are moving to Brooklyn for next year? I thought it was the year after. Also, I forgot to put on 3/1 vs. Pittsburgh at Soldier Field Is it another year? Damn, I thought there was some half hearted "we'll miss the Nassau Coliseum" nonsense this year.
  8. I hope it's 3/3 instead of 4/2 with better high end guys from them.
  9. My favorite is going to be January 2/3 in Brooklyn and Newark.
  10. http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 26m #Blackhawks will play in the Central Division of the Western Conference.
  11. they finally announced NHL involvement in 2014 olympics.
  12. huh, I don't remember everybody thinking it was terrible.
  13. Are you new to this team? Ryan Dempster, Dan Haren, Brian Roberts, et al. It'll be 2 more weeks. :-) And it'll be a different team.
  14. https://twitter.com/TalPinch/status/358219440489377794/photo/1 Toews is wearing a NYC t-shirt on his day with the cup. What does this mean??????
  15. BUT UNITED HAS HUBS IN CHICAGO DENVER AND HOUSTON????? American has Chicago and Dallas.
  16. I love how passionate you are about this topic. I'm not as hardline about it but in general agree with the sentiment behind it.
  17. If Paniagua was as good as Pedro, I'd prefer him. Who deserves more ridicule, the guy who made the obvious statement or the guy who responded wrongly to it? The guy who made the dumb obvious statement.
  18. somebody here said he read Garza was on a plane to texas. But I haven't seen that.
  19. I have to agree with one minor change. Jagr winning a cup on the Blackhawks would be one of the coolest things ever, if just to piss off Pittsburgh fans.
  20. If the Cubs have to pay for his travel from Des Moines to Chicago that could save the acquiring team a couple bucks...
  21. Michael and Emery? Emery was the one who was most vocal about theoretically bringing him back but essentially letting him know he should retire. And everybody hates Michael. Actually, he probably hates Ted. Urlacher respects football people and hates non-blonde celebrity civilians. He's got to hate the pencil pushing team president.
  22. My feeling on that is they were always going to give him the benefit of the doubt at the outset. They really had no choice. The question comes when there are struggles, how will they react. Lovie seemingly got his veterans on defense to go out and win a game or two on their own most years with the occasional halftime diatribe. I think that was partially related to the fact that those defensive players were his guys, and partly about his demeanor. Trestman isn't going to be able to fallback on that. He is going to need to win games with his offense and he will have to do it early. If they start out 4-2 a lot of this probably subsides. But if there are early struggles, it is going to be hard for them to prevent a death spiral in my opinion. The defense carried this franchise during Lovie's era. But I don't see that continuing with the leadership changes that have occurred, and lack of young studs moving up. The onus has shifted to the offense, Trestman's offense. If it lays a couple eggs, there will be problems. Also, words are wind.
×
×
  • Create New...