Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. I made note of that too when I saw it. I still think they'll vary their schemes more than that comment suggests. The whole explanation makes it quite clear they will be varying it quite a bit. That specific quote is the writer's interpretation, although I am not sure what the motivation would be to announce you were going to be a base 4-3 defense if in actuality you will be doing mostly 3-4.
  2. He is not. At running the ball, no, he's not. He's good enough at that though that when combined with everything else he does, the entire package he provides is in fact elite. I do not believe so and I do not believe most others believe so either.
  3. http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/chc/theo-epstein-says-cubs-moving-in-the-right-direction-after-two-last-place-finishes?content_id=67771652&partnerId=as_chc_20140218_18765264&vkey=news_chc&ymd=20140217 Am I late to realizing Phil Rogers was writing for mlb.com? The Cubs tweeted out a Q&A he did with Theo. Althought the story itself looks to be a day old.
  4. A useful reminder not to pay attention to spring training.
  5. Such a contrarian.
  6. Google image search for figure skater taint is surprisingly tame. http://bp1.blogger.com/_6uFLbgjbSmM/RjuH_FpQddI/AAAAAAAAAGU/Z8kOUBgYE_M/s400/94Harding-Kerrigan2.jpg
  7. That is 7 dudes, only 1 OF and 1 SP.
  8. It's pretty nice that at some point this year, all of the big 4 should be above AA. Finally. I'd be shocked but it would be awesome if they deemed Almora ready to start this year in Tennessee. Do you mean above A+? I didn't think all four were slated for AAA or the majors this season.
  9. I really don't think that Arizona thing is a money issue. Then what? They negotiated in bad faith and never planned on building anything? Not sure if it's bad faith or not. Hotels across the street from Wrigley Field, which hosts 81 games per year and maybe 82 or 83 sometime in the next 10 years, is something you can justify. But building bars and restaurants and other stuff next to the facility that hosts 15 attended contests for one month a year seems silly for the Cubs. They can probably afford to build a bar there, they just don't want the hassle. Let somebody else do it and get your revenue from your own stadium.
  10. Which explains his twitter rant a couple days ago.
  11. http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/67711888/sports-on-earth-nfl-mock-draft-houston-texans-teddy-bridgewater sportsonearth 3-way mock
  12. They've seemingly gone from one of the worst to one of the best in about two years. I think it's pretty impressive. But yes, I know, modernizing baseball operations could have been done within 2 weeks of being hired, and then they should have focused on free agency to raise their star-studded roster from 71 wins to 82 wins. I love that, amidst all this angst, the 2011 Cubs won 71 games, and the 2013 version won 66 with their two best players crapping the bed. But hey, that 5 win drop says everything about the state of the organization. No, the 66 win games won 5 years into the Ricketts, the $80m payroll and the never ending rooftop saga says everything about the state of the organization.
  13. I don't think that is easy to forget at all because the focus has been strictly on the minor leagues for years now.
  14. Exactly. It reminds me of the moronic Razorback fans who are comparing Bielema to Houston [expletive] Nutt after 1 season. It hasn't been one season.
  15. The NLs hard line stance against seeing eye dogs has really hurt his chances They did away with the individual league offices years ago, that's an MLB decision.
  16. Laurence Holmes?
  17. Do you prefer: a - mean - able or, a - men - able?
  18. Lovie says "Castro is our shortstop"
  19. He hobbled by Mark Gonzalez on the way in.
  20. These guys didn't draft Baez.
  21. It's like the Cubs' version of Godwin's Law. Whenever someone starts to make good points that maybe Emperor Epstein is only partially clothed, Hendry gets brought up as a deflection. Hard not to when you spin things like this It's not hard to interpret that like an intelligent person. Everybody makes up nonsense about what a terrible situation these people inherited. The Tribune/MacPhail/Hendry era left a lot to be desired and failed to take advantage of many opportunities to dominate. But they did no worse than what the Ricketts/Epstein era has produced so far.
×
×
  • Create New...