Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. It's probably not the fans of his team that we have to be concerned about. (although baseball's best fans will have a lot to say if the Rams take him). The fans of the opponents are going to be harsh.
  2. To play devil's advocate, he only came out of the closet to his team. It was not the same as him being out to the world, and the media attention that will draw to his NFL team.
  3. That type of cost certainty isn't all that valuable.
  4. I don't see why. It's not an unreasonable policy, but it's certainly not the only way to do things. What would be the point of signing a pre-FA player to a multi-year contract that doesn't give the team some benefit on the back end? The only way around that would be one that significantly underpays the player, which I would guess they would allow to circumvent the policy.
  5. I think he meant that the neighborhood didn't like the bridge idea, which is why it is not in the video, and therefore maybe a tunnel would work.
  6. http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/2/10/5397454/michael-sam-comes-out-reaction-nfl-draft
  7. If he was any good he'd still be on the team.
  8. who was that? Evan Rodriguez was a FB attempting to turn into a TE with a checkered past. And in one year with the Bears had a couple arrests and was cut. He was then picked up and cut by another team.
  9. What would be the point of a tunnel to cross Clark Street? I pedestrian bridge would look nice and provide a sense of superiority to the hotel customers. A tunnel would be much more expensive and be disgusting eventually. Just walk across the street like everybody else.
  10. Every story I read as it happened was 4th - 7th. But one said, "early in the draft".
  11. I personally don't think Emery wants the media circus that may come with drafting Sam. He doesn't want the team on Hard Knocks. He cut one of his own draft picks that brought negative attention to the team. I don't think he'd pass on a great value though, so it'll be interesting. Well, he cut a guy who was routinely in trouble with the law, and not any good. I don't think it's the same issue at all.
  12. I'm trying to think of a reason for him timing his announcement, and I guess he maybe wanted to get ahead of the game before the combine. But maybe he just wanted a challenge. Either way, he needs to play in the NFL. Outsports had a "how this happened" story and basically, they wanted to give teams as much time as possible to process the information and move on. So many people knew that it was impossible to keep a secret through the draft process anyway.
  13. He needs to get those lower teeth fixed
  14. Well, it looks pretty damn great. Yeah, it's awesome. Was expecting a replay of a thing I saw before but that looks new. Or I was too drunk when I saw it last year.
  15. Now with homosexual intrigue
  16. The test wasn't asking for it.
  17. The talent pool for womens hockey has to be very limited. I was an ok high school runner and id have a couple gold medals if I only had a vag. I would also take 4 guys from gym and win the WNBA championship. You go girl!
  18. so Regin is a center...i dont see how we have room for him on lines 1-4 without someone else getting dumped. I watch most of the games, and follow the team, but dont know the roster machinations as much as i do with the cubs. Anyone care to help me here? I was looking around last night and found info for when Regin joined the Isles and they were saying that despite being listed as a center, he's really just a winger. For now he just takes Pirri's spot, and probably is around to be competition for guys like Bickell who fight to stay off the healthy scratch list.
  19. And you figured a good place to find that out was a comments section?
  20. Second this so much. agreed. i also feel like jack's pizzas don't get enough respect (at sale price, anyway). i saw the papa john's cookie pizza on TV and was intrigued... but then i realized i'd have to eat their pizza too. not happening. i don't know if any pizza is bad, but that and giordano's (thin, stuffed, whatever) come close for me. they are the worst in their respective fields. If you think Giordano's is bad you have an untrustworthy palate.
  21. Didn't you specifically say you were just out of college and working full time? If that is the case, then you should value your time (or quickly learn to value it) and not commit to showing up an hour+ early to every game.
×
×
  • Create New...