Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. Do you want us to prove to you that you actually can see him being successful, or do you want him to prove to you that he can be successful? I don't have high hopes for the experiment, partially because I don't see anything resembling top end defensive coaching available to Shea. But I can see it working out.
  2. As delicious as that wrong sandwich you vomit out of your mouth every time you speak?
  3. This is rich. Richly accurate, like nothing you've ever said.
  4. David continues to be wrong about as often as kyle.
  5. 4-4 doesn't seem right in first OT, but it sure has opened things up.
  6. the ref helps US and then an empty net post
  7. that should have been a penalty
  8. Khaki khaki everywhere. Khaki khaki I don't care.
  9. Soler tried to attack Buell Mueller with a bat but the new hitting coach caught him across the chin with a left.
  10. USA up 1-0 in gold medal game.
  11. Do you really not know the answer(s) to that question? The party line from the organization is that in order to support the payrolls of the late 2000s, they need the increased revenues/lower expenses that the renovation and/or new TV deal(s) will provide. Ownership has always been capable of supporting higher payrolls, but they haven't because of one or more of the following reasons: - They're trying to maximize profits by intentionally avoiding spending money - They have cash flow restrictions on how much they can spend on the team vis a vis their debt repayment as a result of the terms of the sale from Zell - They're intentionally minimizing future commitments to minimize their risk while the 500 million renovation project they would like to pay for and start construction on is up in the air We've known the reasons for a long time, and there's various logic(good and bad) behind each, it's just a matter of how much you believe any one of those reasons. You forgot, damage the rooftops business model by creating an environment where nobody wants to go to Cubs games for 3-4 years. That doesn't hurt a billionaire owner much.
  12. Haven't the Cubs picked up a dozen or so such players in the last few years? They do it for the need of a body, not actually belief in a prospect.
  13. You say "let slip" as if it's a real story.
  14. no he doesn't Okay, if you say so, I guess you must be right. There's no way in hell you, or probably even most ML scouts/executives, can make that statement with any certainty whatsoever. Have you ever had a wrong opinion? I can't make the statement I made with certainty yet you can make the statement you made with certainty? Yes, I've had many incorrect first impression opinions about players. Not as many after 7 years of unimpressive nothingness.
  15. Both of his career HRs are on Youtube. Put them on a loop for a few hours and see how you feel then. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsMnsXt3YSI I feel like I want a brat. Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness was playing on spotify as I watched that clip. It synced perfectly.
  16. 5/55 was definitely bandied about at some point. Don't recall any 5/75 talk.
  17. I can't think the sport is boring and repetitive without it being a macho thing? I'm just not sure what the difference between figure skating and any other winter olympic individual sport is, I'm not sure how you can say this stuff with a straight face.
  18. No, basically my point is. No team with good players would give them legitimate chances to be everyday or probably even platoon players. Which I believe would prevent people from thinking they are the 10th and 15th best prospect in a good minor league system. They both would be written off as 4A players in an organization with a good ML team. Those are not top 15 type talents. I'd imagine either one would be claimed by most teams if DFAd tomorrow I don't get what that has to do with it. Considering the garbage that gets picked up by every team from time to time that isn't a statement about their value as prospects.
×
×
  • Create New...