Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. If that doesn't scream hipster I'm a monkey's uncle. The term Hipster gets thrown around too much -- that picture is an insult to hipsters. That's a straight douche. A scarf is a scarf is a scarf. Wearing one unnecessarily is a signature hipster douchebag move.
  2. But willingly participating in reality television is a lifestyle choice that should be shunned.
  3. That ranking is [expletive] ridiculous. Forte was one of the 10 best players in the NFL last season. what in the ever loving eff?
  4. Doesn't apply to Hockey Nope, it's just backstabbing passive aggressiveness Hockey draws out the reality behind those sneaky Minnesota smiles. Anything past the first introduction tends to expose that.
  5. http://24.media.tumblr.com/b07e723f518417ef9da80499cf9ff3da/tumblr_mnsy6ebR1e1r3losno2_500.gif
  6. Mark Gonzales ‏@MDGonzales 4m Samardzija Friday, no word on Yankees series Tues-Wed; Cubs-STL rescheduled for Aug. 30 split DH
  7. I think it would look ok without the ugly red banner below it. Is that changing to green?
  8. is he the aggressive hugger?
  9. I'm not even interested in "major league ready" as a quality to look for. If you are trading away your best players, just get the best players you can get back.
  10. http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/lightning-gateway-arch-st.-louis-595x341.jpg This one has been postponed. http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Dr.-Who.gif http://blogs.ubc.ca/megfergo/files/2014/03/rain-on-john-watson.gif http://i.imgur.com/h3nBbxL.gif
  11. I have to imagine the only reason would be he is sick of the travel because I cannot imagine that would be more lucrative than his current gig. That can't be a great path to a front office, can it?
  12. In other words, no matter what, even if the Cubs make the playoffs every year after this year, Kyle is going to keep his act up until *at least* 2018. If there's anything that Kyle has been consistent about, it's changing his mind pretty easily. As soon as they're good he'll be all Blackhawks like with them. Oh don't pretend you weren't trying to inject some of the good stuff there buddy.
  13. Do you even pay attention to anything that is discussed. That isn't what happened at all. The apologists came in and made it about that but that is not what this was about at all.
  14. Why do you have to make this personal about other fans? I am not a paid professional baseball man. I have weighed in on countless options to have done something different. I'm not going to lay out a hindsight blueprint for how I would have done better. It's a really weak response for fans to say, "Oh you don't like how they did it, you do better". It's no different from responding to people who say Darwin Barney sucks with, "well I'd like to see you do better." It has nothing to do with anything. The point of baseball is to be better than the 29 other organizations that all employ other "experts" and field teams with players who could do better than any fan. The one thing I would have done differently from Rickett's perspective is fire Hendry on day one. There was no reason not to know a change had to be made and there was no reason why he could not have had another group of smart guys take over. These guys have provided zero above average return. Hendry did a [expletive] job taking advantage of the situation the Cubs were in. But he did not doom these guys to losing 90+ for several seasons. That was a choice made by the current regime. It is long past time to be placing blame on Hendry for the current state of affairs.
  15. Tom, Theo and Jed took a course. They aren't my commanding officers. I am not obliged to pretend it was a good decision or withhold criticism. You're still acting like they CHOSE this. PTR "may" have, Jed and Theo had no choice. And just once, because Kyle has certainly obliged, lets actually here what YOU would have done differently. Tried.
  16. Hey buddy.... Typo, meant to say ticket. It would involve sitting with three coworkers who will all be Rangers fans.
  17. It's probably above-average, but there's no way it's more than that with his lack of speed. So ... fringe-plus? no [expletive] lmao, waltz your hot take right back into the safe middle you [expletive] buffoon The outrage started with him saying that maybe Almora wasn't amazing at defense.
  18. Tom, Theo and Jed took a course. They aren't my commanding officers. I am not obliged to pretend it was a good decision or withhold criticism.
  19. Not sure how that has anything to do with the conversation that people were having until you rudely interrupted, but that storyline does not add up to any logical thought.
  20. Hot take. At least Kyle brings a full argument. Yours has been spend money. You and your pet volleyball is all that's left on that island . As kyle indicated, I do not think you understand a word of what has been discussed on this page. And your pathetic personal attacks should draw a ban.
×
×
  • Create New...