Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. Counterpoint: we continue using a very easily understood concept and stop getting upset for it not meeting an arbitrary standard that it was never intended to meet or measure Ceiling isn't nearly as problematic as is the tendency for a lot of fans to assume the best of prospects until they have proven beyond a doubt that the best is not happening. If you have a realistic opinion of prospects' chances there is nothing wrong with the concept of discussing their ceiling*. Does not apply to the way people divvy up pitching ceilings.
  2. So would this thread be more appropriately titled the Junior Kyle Thread?
  3. There was a whole lot more to it than that. Yeah, I don't get David's frustration. It's not like everybody gets the ceiling of superstar. Lake was a long shot who had enough physical talent that if he miraculously figured things out, he could be pretty awesome.
  4. Because it is one of the only costs they can actually control without interference from the MLBPA.
  5. Why should the kids' adviser shut up? He absolutely should speak up on his behalf.
  6. The defense, or the team? I could easily see Tucker keeping his job with the defense failing to reach the top 15. If the team itself finishes in the bottom half there could be problems for a lot more coaches.
  7. Is Jackson pitching today?
  8. I am almost positive that Craig Biggio was still doing some backup catching before his full time switch to 2B. It looks like he was introduced slowly to the OF while being a near full-time catcher, but once he went to 2B, there was no more catching. http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/biggicr01.shtml
  9. That's what I was thinking last night too. Hope it happens. I was under the impression that Zagunis was the more likely guy to stick at catcher, but he's played more games in LF than behind the plate so far in Boise.
  10. :x Happens every year on the day of the big league All-Star Game. right, but this year our minor league system is awesome so i don't want them to take a day off. when our best prospects were brett jackson and vitters, no big deal. It's only right that everyone pays respect to Jeter's last ASG. Oh sweet, another reason for me to ignore the game.
  11. :-k You have 41,000 posts on a baseball message board. Really Tim?
  12. Baseball talk is terrible.
  13. Why you felt the need to compare it to rape is the stupid part.
  14. I have no idea who plays WR for Miami.
  15. i don't where this idea comes from. his line in daytona last year was .281/.343/.467/.810. it's fine for a 21 year old in a pitcher's league, but he hit 8 home runs in 55 games. it's not like he's been annihilating each level like bryant has done. I don't know about rape, but what sets Soler apart is the peripherals (as many have said). He has massive power yet doesn't strike out all that much and he walks at a good clip. The main thing is the contact ability combined with the power, though. I took weis21's statement of how Soler is treating minor league pitching as referring to this year only. I took it to be pretty disgustingly stupid.
  16. His name is always near the top of the list for me.
  17. Definitely need to differentiate between leadoff and 2-hole guys, important.
  18. I don't understand basketball and don't think I ever will.
  19. I wasn't paying attention but saw the replay and looked like he was stumbling while pitching. He was doing it on every pitch. Yeah, Walden Pitching Motion is a google auto-fill and it is a weird one. Don't see it as much of an illegal advantage though. Just stupid.
  20. I wasn't paying attention but saw the replay and looked like he was stumbling while pitching.
×
×
  • Create New...