Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,110
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. yeah really weird. you have to think if they are really still negotiating, announcing Ricky's firing really kills their leverage. Come on. You really think they're firing Renteria if they don't have Maddon locked down? That's ridiculous. Not at all, I'm just surprised they used his name prior to announcing his hiring.
  2. Bruce Miles ‏@BruceMiles2112 · 10s11 seconds ago I'd say look for a Monday intro of #Cubs new manager. Wonder who it might be.
  3. so they specifically discuss Maddon but don't announce his hiring?
  4. Bruce Miles ‏@BruceMiles2112 · 6m6 minutes ago No mincing of words: #Cubs used word "fired" in their news released, not "dismissed." Usually clubs soften it a little
  5. "Late last week" and "Friday" seem kind of synonymous. Also, couldn't it have been industry knowledge that he had an opt-out clause? Maddon had two weeks to decide, his decision was made Friday. That means the industry might've known about it through their sources for the previous two weeks ever since Friedman left. Friday may be late last week but late last week does not mean Friday. Sure, all this could be on the up and up, but the point is there is an awful lot of smoke here.
  6. Bruce Miles ‏@BruceMiles2112 · 4m4 minutes ago #Rays will have interest (tampering) in timing of Hoyer visit to Ricky. Been told it was late last week. Maddon news broke Friday. #Cubs
  7. sweeeeeet
  8. What is it you think I wrote?
  9. thanks Editing your mistakes won't help you. You remain confused and fell down in the process. Laughable. You are an odd duck.
  10. FTFY. Yeah, Felix, you're confused. oops thanks
  11. I'd be really concerned about where this leaves Renteria, especially in the eyes of the players. Oh please! It's a business. Are you really concerned about Edwin Jackson's feelings? Wonder how Castillo will deal with such trauma? A number of the up and coming younger players wouldn't know Ricky from Len Kasper. They just want a chance to play and prove themselves. If I'm a free agent, Maddon has a resume. You aren't good at reading comprehension, are you? I'd be really concerned about where this leaves Renteria, especially in the eyes of the players. You aren't real good at remembering what you wrote. But you do back peddle good. Starting now. The discussion you quoted was in regards to if the Maddon hiring fell through. This has nothing to do with people's feelings.
  12. Stephen A SmithVerified account ‏@stephenasmith Guess who's coming on my shoe today? Steelers' RB LeVeon Bell. Plus we'll talk @KingJames, Jameis and all things NBA. The Stephen A. Smith
  13. I'd be really concerned about where this leaves Renteria, especially in the eyes of the players. Oh please! It's a business. Are you really concerned about Edwin Jackson's feelings? Wonder how Castillo will deal with such trauma? A number of the up and coming younger players wouldn't know Ricky from Len Kasper. They just want a chance to play and prove themselves. If I'm a free agent, Maddon has a resume. You aren't good at reading comprehension, are you?
  14. Tracey Myers ‏@TramyersCSN · 2m2 minutes ago #Blackhawks reassign Scott Darling to the Rockford IceHogs.
  15. Which begs the the question :how is this in any way news about Chris Denofria? the account only seems to exist to link to random baseball related articles a couple times a day
  16. I referenced when he said something. I wasn't comparing the two. But you brought them up, so referencing them again is not "shoehorning" them into the discussion.
  17. He took the shoe off the shelf and put it on the floor in front of him but did not expect you to place his foot inside.
  18. Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN · 7m7 minutes ago Dave Brandon is resigning as Michigan’s AD, source told @ESPN. Press conference this afternoon
  19. So a rapist and an abuser, alright, that's a start.
  20. I'd be really concerned about where this leaves Renteria, especially in the eyes of the players.
  21. I remain very skeptical about Maddon and his ability to make much of a difference on the field. I fear this has as much to do with providing a cost effective PR boost as making the team better. A 5/25 contract for a manager seems to have a lot of people falling head over heals while a 5/25 pitcher isn't going to create any excitement. They have a dwindling season ticket list and need to renegotiate TV rights. It used to be the Cubs would do something to boost excitement right around the time of the convention to carry over into spring training and single game ticket sales. They've more or less abandoned that process the past few years and now you have something that is being perceived as the most exciting thing to happen to the Cubs since Theo was hired, so it appears to be working. I really don't see Maddon making a huge difference in the win/loss column, but as long as he isn't the featured offseason acquisition he appears to be now, I'm moderately happy about it.
  22. I get that they have a rapist at QB but what is it about the rest of the team? They don't seem any worse than the typical elite college team.
×
×
  • Create New...