Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,110
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. no depth of talent and poor coaching
  2. I don't know man. Olt and Lake?
  3. Sure. Whatever. That's an excuse. But you have an oline guru as oc and a passing game guru as oc and 4-5 pro bowl caliber skill position players as well as high priced free agents and 1st round draft picks on the line. They don't have a deep threat, the line is weak and forte can't make anything happen on his own. But they have enough quality to be a hell of a lot better than they actually are. No mention of Cutler? I was replying to the "health of the line" defense. Cutler has been bad.
  4. Sure. Whatever. That's an excuse. But you have an oline guru as oc and a passing game guru as oc and 4-5 pro bowl caliber skill position players as well as high priced free agents and 1st round draft picks on the line. They don't have a deep threat, the line is weak and forte can't make anything happen on his own. But they have enough quality to be a hell of a lot better than they actually are.
  5. Michelle Tafoya cannot speak.
  6. He's been GM for 3 years and this team is awful. It's pretty clear he has not been good.
  7. Why? I mean, sure, fire him too, but why before Tucker? I think Trestman has a credibility problem if he fires the DC while his offense is performing poorly. Nobody cares about ST until it messes up (the bears every single game for 2 years) or does something great (the bears a long time ago). They've given up nearly 100 points in 6 quarters lol. I don't care how bad the offense is. I get that. But I care. The defense is awful without a doubt, but the offense has been a huge disappointment, despite being the focal point of this organization since Emery took over.
  8. Why? I mean, sure, fire him too, but why before Tucker? I think Trestman has a credibility problem if he fires the DC while his offense is performing poorly. Nobody cares about ST until it messes up (the bears every single game for 2 years) or does something great (the bears a long time ago).
  9. I don't doubt that he'll get a chance. I'm just sure it won't go well and he has a horrible resume that no quality team would be interested in actually hiring.
  10. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who can pull off brutal honesty. I'm sure right before he kills his victims he stops pretending everything will be alright and tells them they are about to be eaten.
  11. a non-shitty resume should be. Articulate what makes his resume [expletive]. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 20 years as a strength and conditioning coach at shitty colleges and exposure to NFL with a terrible bears front office.
  12. I'm not sure GB didn't actually try to back off and the bears didn't let them.
  13. yeah, he's the easy out, but these were all problems last year.
  14. a non-shitty resume should be.
  15. no. sorry, but stop pretending he wasn't obscure. He was a strength and conditioning coach at shitty colleges for 20 years. He has no business in this job.
  16. yep, and nobody cares about those non-kneeling mistakes that happen every game. of course, there's plenty of other things to worry about, but that problem happening every game is symptomatic of a poorly coached squad.
  17. Most GMs get a second head coach hire unless they [expletive] the bed in all other aspects of the job. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk He's not most GMs, he was an experiment. He in no way should be allowed another hire. But I'm sure he will anyway What makes him not most GMs. Coming up through scouting and director of college scouting isn't some obscure GM path. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk emery was obscure as hell and would never get this opportunity again if fired tomorrow.
  18. I'd be surprised if anyone is fired midseason. It's just not done that often. coordinators and position coaches are fired all the time.
  19. I don't see why that would necessarily be true. Maybe it should, but it doesn't really make a difference unless there's some magical guy out there ready to control.
  20. Exactly they were both outside the box high risk/high reward hires that failed miserably. I know what you are going for here, but I don't see the basis for the "high reward" part of the equation. If cheap guys who nobody else was going to hire take you to the playoffs, it's high reward. but that won't happen
  21. Coach of the 1-8 Bucs? Yeah, because he inherited such a great team... Lovie did more with far less talent. Lovie had the most talented bears team since '85 and [expletive] the bed with his own poor personnel input.
  22. he's more disinterested in this team than I am
  23. everybody who gets excited about Forte's catch totals needs to remember those are all shitty dumpoffs
  24. Coach of the 1-8 Bucs? I bet we'd be better than 3-6 if he were still here. on our way to 7-9!!!
  25. I mean, when you saw them you would never think Emery would be a quality GM or Trestman would be a quality head coach in the NFL, and, well. They still look exactly what they looked like before.
×
×
  • Create New...