North Side Baseball

Bears win total 2014

Careless

How many games will the Bears win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will the Bears win?

• 5 or fewer
    • 12 or more

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Offensive depth worries me, but I'll be an optimist at 11 assuming Marshall and Jeffery play the whole year.

I slightly worry about offensive depth too but it would be far from the first thing is bring up about Bear concerns

Offensive depth worries me, but I'll be an optimist at 11 assuming Marshall and Jeffery play the whole year.

I slightly worry about offensive depth too but it would be far from the first thing is bring up about Bear concerns

I'm counting on the Bears' offense overcoming a lot of the other deficiencies on the team, but a couple of injuries to key players on offense could expose the defense and special teams even further.

Yeah offensive depth kinda sucks. I don't think there's much hope for a McCown like performance if Cutler goes down again. If one of the WRs goes down, things will get tough. If Forte goes down also. The OL depth is also scary. DelaPuente can play, but as good as Britton was at times last year, he was one of the worst OL in Jacksonville, and Ola is a rookie from the CFL.

But yeah, there are bigger concerns. I'm very encouraged that the Bears of recent years have gotten off to very strong starts.

2013: 3-0, 4-2

2012: 7-1

2011: 7-3

2010: 3-0

If they get off to another good start and are healthy coming out of the bye week, the schedule is great down the stretch with 5 of 6 at home all against dome or warm weather teams (though Vikes no longer in a dome).

• 2 weeks later...

Buf W

@SF W

@NYJ W

GB L

@Car W

@Atl L

Mia W

@NE L

@GB L

Min W

TB W

@Det L

Dal W

NO W

Det W

@Min L

10-6. Bears lose finale sitting out starters for most of the 2nd half of the final game vs. a Minnesota team that's playing good football late in the year with Teddy Bridgewater at QB.

Buf W

@SF W

@NYJ W

GB L

@Car W

@Atl L

Mia W

@NE L

@GB L

Min W

TB W

@Det L

Dal W

NO W

Det W

@Min L

10-6. Bears lose finale sitting out starters for most of the 2nd half of the final game vs. a Minnesota team that's playing good football late in the year with Teddy Bridgewater at QB.

Yuck...2-4 in the division.

Curious to see how people have altered their predictions based on the loss to Buffalo. On one hand, fluky losses happen a lot in the NFL. In 2010 when the Bears went to the NFC title game, they lost in consecutive weeks to the Redskins and Seahawks (who were both mediocre to bad), and needed a late comeback to beat the Bills after a bye week, before they got it together. On the other hand, in light of the loss yesterday, the schedule looks really really tough coming up. If the Bears lose to SF and NYJ, the season could really get away in a hurry.

I'll say the Bears finish between 7-9 and 9-7.

Curious to see how people have altered their predictions based on the loss to Buffalo. On one hand, fluky losses happen a lot in the NFL. In 2010 when the Bears went to the NFC title game, they lost in consecutive weeks to the Redskins and Seahawks (who were both mediocre to bad), and needed a late comeback to beat the Bills after a bye week, before they got it together. On the other hand, in light of the loss yesterday, the schedule looks really really tough coming up. If the Bears lose to SF and NYJ, the season could really get away in a hurry.

I'll say the Bears finish between 7-9 and 9-7.

Well, I'll back off my 12+ prediction...lol. But I'm not all doom and gloom.

• 2 months later...
I think the question now is if they can win another game this year.

Never underestimate the Bears' ability to accidently win games in order to shoot themselves in the foot long term. Before the SF game, when everyone was predicting the Bears would lose 77- negative 6, their prospects looked just as bleak as they do now. The coaching staff found a way to save their jobs. I believe that they'll do that again, especially since going 6-10 and picking 6th or 7th would be much worse in the long run than going 3-13.

I think the question now is if they can win another game this year.

Never underestimate the Bears' ability to accidently win games in order to shoot themselves in the foot long term. Before the SF game, when everyone was predicting the Bears would lose 77- negative 6, their prospects looked just as bleak as they do now. The coaching staff found a way to save their jobs. I believe that they'll do that again, especially since going 6-10 and picking 6th or 7th would be much worse in the long run than going 3-13.

I would not compare what it looked like going into San Fran to what it looks like now. They lost week 1 by 3 points in overtime. That was incredibly disappointing for a team with Super Bowl aspirations, but it is worlds away from 3 straight double digit losses and surrendering 50+ points for two consecutive games with a bye week in between. After week 1 the fear was this team would struggle to get to 9 wins and might be 7-9. Now it looks like they might not eve win another game.