North Side Baseball

My better half was laid off last week...

UK1679666180

Now that Amy was let go, I have to find a second job (3rd if you include scouting). I have an interview at Stats Inc in Northbrook probably next week for a part-time job (30-35 hours)

It'll be an easy gig and I can pick my hours, but this is right around the start of Spring baseball.

I'll be dead by 35 at this pace.

why would you find a third job instead of her finding a new first?

That's our 1st priority is finding her a job, but with her working in HR, I'm more likely to get the PT job before she will. She was at some job fair yesterday that was just a mob of people.

Every day I feel more fortunate to be in a position where I really can't be laid off...I hope things pick up for you soon.

Same here. But my dreams of an early retiremnt are taking a beating as I look at my retirement account. Ouch. :(

Guests

I'm sorry to hear that, Ping and raw.

I have a relatively nice job but the company's income is based primarily on the state's budget so it's not that safe. I've been job hunting for a while just in case.

Just confirmed that I have the interview with Stats Inc. on Tuesday afternoon. It will be nice for a change to be getting paid to watch and chart baseball. I'm actually looking forward to it.

STATS is seeking applicants with pro or college baseball playing experience for an opening to assist primarily with baseball pitch type analysis. An excellent working knowledge of other sports is critical. Other duties include data entry and stat-checking. Night/weekend availability is important, 30-35 hours per week at $10+/hour, depending on experience. Work would be out of our Northbrook office.

I went on my 1st job interview in 10 years today at Stats Inc. and forgot how they awkward they can be .

For some reason, they give a 25 or so question quiz involving all the sports. I can't remember what college Kitna went to nor can I name 3 CFL teams. I did get the XFL question right, though.

Then, you meet with him personally, not questions I would expect but more specific to scouting.

Next, I was placed in front of a TV and a computer and I was to chart a Blue Jays/O's game with John Parrish and Bryan Bass for 6+ innings. Every pitch you track type of pitch, velo, location, hit path, and anything special about the play.

The last thing was a typing test, which with my large fingers, I've never been good at.

I think I did well enough to get the job, it looks like one of the easier jobs to do and definitely a relaxed work environment as my friend who works there (former Cubs prospect Kris gross) was dipping.

The whole process took 5 hours.