North Side Baseball

The Marlins future

Paladin Cecil

Desolate? What does that have to do with anything? You were talking about the location. It takes 20 min. to get to Dolphin Stadium from downtown MIami and 30 min from Downtown Ft. Lauderdale. Aside from the new park in Philly it's the easiest place to get to that I've ever been and it is far easier to get to than the one they are proposing. There is ample parking for everyone. What they don't have is places to go before and after the game. If they built up the area around Dolphin would it make it a better venue?

it's not a bad place to watch a game. It's just not. Again, the reason they want to move is because Loria can't get any money out of the place.

Nothing in Florida is a 20 minute drive away. Desolate matters. Football teams can survive playing 8 games in a place nobody really wants to be. Baseball teams have a much harder time. Everyday sports need to make going to the field on a regular basis enjoyable. Dolphin Stadium, like all football fields, is a horrible place to watch baseball (the only upside is the easily available "good seats" since nobody goes).

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guests
Desolate? What does that have to do with anything? You were talking about the location. It takes 20 min. to get to Dolphin Stadium from downtown MIami and 30 min from Downtown Ft. Lauderdale. Aside from the new park in Philly it's the easiest place to get to that I've ever been and it is far easier to get to than the one they are proposing. There is ample parking for everyone. What they don't have is places to go before and after the game. If they built up the area around Dolphin would it make it a better venue?

it's not a bad place to watch a game. It's just not. Again, the reason they want to move is because Loria can't get any money out of the place.

Nothing in Florida is a 20 minute drive away. Desolate matters. Football teams can survive playing 8 games in a place nobody really wants to be. Baseball teams have a much harder time. Everyday sports need to make going to the field on a regular basis enjoyable. Dolphin Stadium, like all football fields, is a horrible place to watch baseball (the only upside is the easily available "good seats" since nobody goes).

Here's directions from the Radison located by the airport (about the worst location I can think of). Time: 24 min.

Mapquest

I don't see how time matters much at all. If you live in a bigass city you expect travel time to be long to go most places in and around the city.

What matters is that it just isn't an attractive place to go bring a family and watch a game. I think if they had something like MinuteMaid or Chase Field, they would have had better attendance over the past 10 years. I won't deny that the management of the team doesn't piss alot of people off, but I can't imagine that crappy management keeps all that many casual fans (who make up most attendees) from going to the park.

Seriously. The Marlins were dead last in the MLB last year in attendance with only 16,600 per game. When horrific franchises like the Royals and Pirates get 4,000 or 5,000 more fans a night than you, something is up, and I doubt it has that much to do with team management.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/attendance?sort=home_avg&year=2008&seasonType=2

i'm not sure if miami deserves any pro sports teams, that's just a terrible sports city. people don't give a crap.

why should they? They have sun, beaches, babes and sand plus a well publicized night life. who would want to go to a game, no matter what it is. besides that all the CSI's are good looking.

Move them to OKC