Jump to content
North Side Baseball

SeldomSeen

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    940
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by SeldomSeen

  1. They've been grasping at straws for the past three years, and this was easily their biggest win. Illinois has passed Purdue on their hate scale, as Weber was instrumental in railroading the program a few years back. I understand their enthusiasm, we're public enemy number one in Bloomington now. Yeah... that's just not true. Purdue will always be #1 for most, and Kentucky for the rest. I wouldn't have rushed the court but hell, this program was (and is, quite frankly) so far down that any sign of improvement is going to elicit an overreaction for a while. Let 'em enjoy it, I guess. I'd love to say "hey, we're Indiana and we've been there before," but the truth is it's been a hell of a long time and we've still got a ways to go until we're back. I like where we seem to be going, but one win over a struggling team on an off night is not the top of the mountain.
  2. Because the Jets are scum. Because Rex Ryan looks like tater salad guy.
  3. Doesn't help. IU IS that bad. :banghead:
  4. QFT Colorado? Really? Crean's coaching in the two Vegas games was very...........um............bizarre. Was ESPN's box score right on teh starting lineup for the UNI game? It had Roth, Rivers, and Moore listed as starters. I have to assume that was a screw up right? I still am curious why Moore is getting any tick at all Pretty sure that was a mistake. However, at this point he's no worse than Verdell Jones or Mo Creek. One is a turnover machine and the other has no explosiveness. Neither can shoot right now nor play any D. This team has a looooong way to go. (Like 2 years or so). Big 10 season is going to get ugly.
  5. Lynch out at IU. Damn, who knew we had a football team?
  6. I don't disagree, but their basketball recruiting coverage should improve greatly with Telep. Yeah, I'm interested to see how that works out. I guess it's nice that they're trying, and they really have no excuse with their financial might to be as poor as they are at it. god knows it can't get any worse.
  7. I don't disagree, but their basketball recruiting coverage should improve greatly with Telep.
  8. The word among some of the Indy kids is that Harris is considering moving up his time frame and yes, the buzz is about IU.
  9. I love you guys. I really do. I was trying to add to the conversation, explain that a recruit has an interest in a school, which clearly some of you didn't know. Instead of conversation, we get comments about funny warm ups and quotes taken out of context. This is exactly why I made the point that I avoid this thread. Why not just call it Illini basketball 2010-11? Sycophants. That's a good one.
  10. Lol, this is why I mostly avoid this thread. Illini fans are insufferable. I shudder to think about how you guys would act if you actually won something.
  11. So you spend a lot of time around the Indy area basketball scene?
  12. Because Xavier has been out since they got the commit from Smith- Rivera. It is pretty well known that as of right now it's MSU or IU for Gary Harris. Yes, things can and do change, but that's where it stands. He is quoted as recently as last month saying that he and other recruits were watching the Zeller recruitment and that it could affect where some of them end up. If Yogi Ferrell commits to IU this week, which is a distinct possibility, Gary Harris becomes priority #1 for the IU staff. Knowing that IU and MSU are both held in high regard makes me think that IU has a much greater chance than does Illinois. He might even make a trip to Illinois to catch a game, but I would be shocked if he went anywhere other than IU or MSU.
  13. Agree to disagree.
  14. Because???
  15. Drew and Baylor being investigated. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
  16. Indiana just got another 2014 (!) commit in Trey Lyles. Currently 6'9"- very highly thought of and aau teammate of IU commit James Blackmon, Jr. Now if they can get the big one in '11, and a handful from this ridiculous 2012 Indiana class... It's so nice to finally have something to be optimistic about.
  17. Calipari should be out of NCAA by then, so it's one less coach to worry about poaching him Finally, something we can agree on. :wink:
  18. Not necessarily '10-'11 news, but IU gets verbal commitment from 2014 (!) G James Blackmon, Jr. If it sticks this is a great get for Tom Crean. Link
  19. Yep and there is some buzz that Jeremy Hollowell could follow suit in the coming week. That would be awesome. Finally some good news for IU basketball! I don't know if I can handle 2 more crappy years though. Patterson, Hollowell, and Jerkin would look nice alongside Watford, Hulls, and Creek. The only problem is that if Watford and Creek continue to develop, they won't be around in 2012 anyway. And if they don't, the combo won't look so nice. Of course that is looking way too far ahead. That combo will look just fine, imo, with or without Watford and Creek (who I don't believe are going anywhere early, btw). They do need a point guard, though. Yogi would be a terrific get, especially if there is anything to the buzz that Gary Harris is also back on the front burner. I don't know if there would be enough basketballs for Harris, Hollowell, Patterson, and potentially Zeller. Good problems to have to think about, finally. Of course, it's all a lot of speculation at this point. BJ Young is also still in that conversation at PG. Although he would come with some risk..........he may or may not qualify. He's in the conversation, but I'd almost rather hang on to that schollie for '12. It creates an imbalance but there is just soooo much talent in that class. We've not even mentioned Perea or D'vauntes Smith-Rivera. (Or Hammons, Tarczewski, Marrero, etc...) It's a gamble either way you look at it.
  20. Yep and there is some buzz that Jeremy Hollowell could follow suit in the coming week. That would be awesome. Finally some good news for IU basketball! I don't know if I can handle 2 more crappy years though. Patterson, Hollowell, and Jerkin would look nice alongside Watford, Hulls, and Creek. The only problem is that if Watford and Creek continue to develop, they won't be around in 2012 anyway. And if they don't, the combo won't look so nice. Of course that is looking way too far ahead. That combo will look just fine, imo, with or without Watford and Creek (who I don't believe are going anywhere early, btw). They do need a point guard, though. Yogi would be a terrific get, especially if there is anything to the buzz that Gary Harris is also back on the front burner. I don't know if there would be enough basketballs for Harris, Hollowell, Patterson, and potentially Zeller. Good problems to have to think about, finally. Of course, it's all a lot of speculation at this point.
  21. Bob sounds like he's ready to jump out of the press box. I would be.
  22. checkmate I laughed.
  23. 2 for 2 with Adam Morrison on the team. Clearly the Lakers have found a winning formula.
  24. Was watching 30 for 30 last night (I know, I know), and on this date in 1994 Ken Griffey Jr. hit his 30th home run of the season. For comparison, Miguel Cabrera leads the AL with 19 HR, and Corey Hart (!) leads the NL with 17. That record was as good as broken if not for the strike.
×
×
  • Create New...