Jump to content
North Side Baseball

SeldomSeen

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    940
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by SeldomSeen

  1. Just back from GABP- great atmosphere. The noise was amazing every time the Padres scored and the out of town scoreboard was updated. Too bad they turned it off 2 minutes after game. Cheers! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/afrantz/MyPicture.jpg
  2. Chipper Jones. It's been a while since his MVP '99 season, but he's been very good again for 3 years since a mediocre (and injury plagued) 2004. He's been so consistently good for so long that it kind of makes you forget about him, or maybe just take his #s for granted.
  3. what? +1. Eh? Case in point, it takes more than muscles to hit Homeruns. how long was Barry allegedly on the drug? We don't know Did Barry use anything other than "the Clear" or "the Cream" for any legitamite period of time? We don't know. So just stop accusing Bonds of everything that you can't prove damnit. Nickolai???
  4. Joel Sherman has this tidbit in today's column. I will be nine kinds of pissed if the reason Pie came out of Thursday's game was for Gerald F. Laird and relief pitching, even if it is Gagne. Seriously, Pie?
  5. Just a thought, but would adding Grienke make dealing Marshall a bit less painful? It's probably too forward thinking for this organization, but if Griffey could be had for a deal with Marshall as the centerpiece- maybe, just maybe...
  6. ... after the return of Carpenter and the acquisition of Buehrle.
  7. Glenallen Hill is one of the nicest guys in baseball, but I'm pretty sure he could rip your arm off and beat you to death with it if he wanted to.
  8. More like, The Cubs are playing themselves out of this season, a potential response is to see what they could get for Lee. So it's just purely coincidence that this thread started today? No, but today is a good indicator of where this team is. Do you really believe that this team, as constructed, has any chance of winning a division- even one as bad as the NL central? Even if by some miracle they were to win a division, is this team really a contender in the playoffs? No. Is this team a player or two away? I don't think so. In this case it is perfectly reasonable to reset the focus on two years from now, and re-tooling for that time frame is not an unreasonable suggestion.
  9. I believe it was said before, but I would imagine that the Angels would offer up a king's ransom for Lee. Kotchman and Hillenbrand aren't exactly setting the world on fire. Where would you start the bidding???
  10. If you're going to do it, blow it up completely. Off the cuff: Z, Aramis, young arm for Arod & Phil Hughes- The timing might actually be perfect with the Yanks playing the Sox this weekend. They could realistically end this weekend more than 15 games behind the Sox in the East, and are currently 7 games out of the Wildcard. DLee for Santana, Wood Barrett and cash to Tampa for Baldelli/ Dukes Dempster, Jones, Eyre, etc for whatever you can get.
  11. Pretty good read, if not so depressing.
  12. Benitez is garbage. I hope Hendry is smarter than that. we are talking about Jim Hendry here. It seems a near certainty that he'll be a Cub within the week. Maybe we can get another bad corner outfielder in the deal too.
  13. I'd ask for a bench clearing brawl, but I'm sure they'd lose that as well.
  14. There's plenty of garbage on the field already.
  15. I'm starting to root for lopsided losses. This thing can't be blown up soon enough. Edit: what Truffle said.
  16. worst postgame interview ever.
  17. I think you mean the kincks-2 years, 1.6 million http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2809958 It would be the first time that I can remember where a player might play in the NCAA tournament and the NBA playoffs in the same season. Why did I write Celtics after reading Knicks? :oops: Anyway, good week for him, I guess: play a little college ball, make a million bucks... ho hum.
  18. I didn't see it posted anywhere, but Randolph Morris has signed with the Celtics. I guess that makes him the earliest of the early entries. :wink:
  19. Had Wilmont not crapped the bed, or IU made some free throws, they actually might have won that game. I never expected it to be that close.
  20. Who's Kerry Wood?
  21. Enberg is great, too. Even when he's wrong he sounds good.
  22. I really think that with less than 10 seconds and a 3 point lead you have to foul. That's just a huge shot, though. Edit: yeah, what jaydee said.
×
×
  • Create New...