Jump to content
North Side Baseball

SeldomSeen

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    940
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by SeldomSeen

  1. On the wall in left center. Please just go ahead and win this horsefeathering thing.
  2. Motion to change the thread title to "Pedro Cerrano is moderately good- looking."
  3. One does not simply run on David Ross.
  4. I hope Javy hits one in the street, flips the [expletive] out of the bat, moonwalks to first, and goes headfirst into home. The right way, of course.
  5. You mean it's not the end of the world? These people are nuts.
  6. This one is tons of fun as well. Hope you don't have anything to do for a few hours.
  7. I will be absolutely shocked if Hollowell is on this team next year. Hell, he almost left after last year. Next year's roster could look a LOT different than this year's, even with only 2 seniors and Vonleh as expected departures. Yes, I suspect you will be correct about the first point; just did not want to get into transfer speculation. I agree . . . but counting on Spring recruits and one-year transfers to fill large voids is a dangerous game. It's possible there will be a deus ex machina to fix the frontcourt, but I find it unlikely. And, either way, it's no way to run a program. Totally agree that they will get crushed inside next year. I do wonder how loud the dissent will become. I guess, as usual for Crean, a lot depends upon next year's recruiting.
  8. His contract buy-out remains huge. So, for practical purposes, I'm not sure it matters. But things could become very difficult for him next year fan-base wise (and next year figures to be worse, in my opinion, considering Vonleh will be an early entry and the frontcourt will be basically vacant). I think that's the biggest problem--this year was always going to be a rebuilding type year, but without a frontcourt there's nothing being built towards. Who knew that recruiting might become the issue? I actually don't see them being much worse next year. They aren't very good this year. And I can see a huge improvement from a couple guys (mainly Troy Williams). Still won't be a good enough team, though. IU is about to lose a lottery-pick big man, a player that is one of the most talented guys to wear an IU uniform in years (I might even assert since the early 80s). Without him, their frontcourt will be Hanner Perea (maybe), Devin Davis (tweener), Jeremy Hollowell (not really even a tweener, maybe a stretch-four), and ??? (guessing they'll pick up some late recruit or fifth-year transfer). They are going to get brutalized inside. I will be absolutely shocked if Hollowell is on this team next year. Hell, he almost left after last year. Next year's roster could look a LOT different than this year's, even with only 2 seniors and Vonleh as expected departures.
  9. Brain damaged Fred, perhaps.
  10. Illinois at -3 has to be the lock of the week, right?
  11. Vince Edwards to Purdue.
  12. I'll be shocked if Snider isn't an Illini by the end of the day.
  13. The Wall Street Journal's Blind Bracket is back. Apparently I really like Davidson and Arizona- both to Sweet 16.
  14. Eron Harris is a good kid, but between Relaford and McLemore, he's getting an education tonight. And, you can't guard Withey with a Sasquatch.
  15. Borzello is a tool, but his "analysis" is outstanding:
  16. Wisconsin basketball is an abomination.
  17. He's 1 for 9 from three point range this season...he can stop shooting those any time...and yeah, he shouldn't dribble either. Play defense, pass the ball, and crash the boards, please. Hollowell has shown he can really shoot it in the past. He's a really young 18 and the game is a bit big for him right now. Once he adjusts to the college game and gets through this rough patch, he'll be fine.
  18. from what i've heard. it's down to Illinois and Ohio State. Meaning what you've read on twitter? Jesus, you don't even have the right 2 teams. guess i didn't. Hah. Good call by me. I`ll own that one, for sure. I should never post while drinking, especially after spending the last few days witth a bunch of blowhard coaches. Talking to one, who shouldve known better, who swore Michigan was it and OSU, PU, and Ill were on the outside looking in. It sounds like they pushed really hard in the last couple of weeks, especially once Vonleh cancelled his visit. Anyway, good get for them, good call by you, bad form by me.
  19. from what i've heard. it's down to Illinois and Ohio State. Meaning what you've read on twitter? Jesus, you don't even have the right 2 teams.
  20. It's really fun having a competent GM who has a plan. Let's do this more often.
  21. And announcers that may be blind, deaf, and/or [expletive].
×
×
  • Create New...