Jump to content
North Side Baseball

PackLandVA

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    4,475
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by PackLandVA

  1. Kimbrel threw 14 FBs. All were 96+. Eleven of the 14 were 97+. That’s a good thing after the heater being down against the Bucs. And that CB was ridiculous!
  2. Schwarbs Javy being Javy KB Tony Willy New Guy Robel Das Bote 'bert Q
  3. Fairly certain I batted out of order a couple of times in that Google game.
  4. Is it really around to me to start a game thread already?!? Sheesh! Well, “schlubs” Yep, that pretty much describes them. Their play of late has been pretty piss-poor. Yu is going for the schlubs. He’s never won at home. But the game is on the road. Won’t matter, he’ll have a 90+ pitch count by the end of the 4th inning and most likely get a no decision. The Vaunted Pirates (every schlubs opponent team name should be preceded by “vaunted”) are supposed to have former schlub prospect Chris Archer going. He was injured in his last start and exited. So who knows? I actually hope he pitches. The schlubs have a better shot at success against him as opposed to the “guy making his first MLB start”. Of course, the Bucs could always throw Adam Frazier on the mound. He’s dominated at the plate so far this series with 9 hits in 10 ABs. Why not let him try to dominate on the mound as well. I’d consider having Yu throw at him, ya know, to send the message that Frazier’s too comfortable at the plate. But it would probably take Yu 4 or 5 pitches to hit him. And I’d hate to add to his already soaring pitch count. Just lose schlubs so I don’t have to start another game thread from my phone.
  5. He did save that first game with a great catch, though. So there’s that.
  6. The trickle down effect of not having Morrow, compounded by the Strop absence, has made the BP options undesirable all season. Throw in Monty and Carl mostly sucking and Joe really doesn’t have a bunch of options every night.
  7. Umm, I would go with “no”. He just doesn’t necessarily suck as much as he did.
  8. Since 2016, only two other teams have won a World Series. What the hell is the rest of the league doing?!?!?
  9. Q only at 79 pitches. Why the quick yank??
  10. Well, Descalso hits like a pitcher, so.....
  11. I refuse to give up on Chompers just yet. Speaking of illusion. I can't figure out if its his teeth that are giant, or if it's that lower jaw. Or both?
  12. I'm okay with Rizz getting a day off. Gotta keep 'em fresh for the playoff run, right? Maybe Joe is punishing him for the TOOTBLAN yesterday. Would like to see Teeth do something at the plate.
  13. Wonder if Joe is gonna keep using Descalso to force Theo’s hand. That’s probably not it.
×
×
  • Create New...