Jump to content
North Side Baseball

PackLandVA

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    4,475
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by PackLandVA

  1. Okay, I know there’s been some changes/tweaks to the whole “September call-upss“ but I have a few questions. - do the rosters still expand on September 1 ? -I assume it’s just those on the 40. -who realistically would be called? I know I heard PCA mentioned. I’d assume Mervis. What about pitchers? Kay? Estrada? Rucker? -and somewhat related, any idea on Boxberger, Hughes, and Burdi?
  2. How is that even possible??? Was it one of those Oswald rounds?
  3. Week 1 against GB - they’re the National late game on Fox. LAR/SEA is the other Late Fox game. So unless you’re in the LA or SEA viewing area , it should be on. Week 3 at KC - same National late game on Fox up again DAL/AZ. Week 5 is Thursday against WAS Week 8 is Sun night at LAC Week 10 is Thursday against CAR Week 12 is MNF at MIN So there’s most likely 6 games you should be able to watch from the comforts of your couch.
  4. Quite the baseball savants, you and I. That’s what we get for trusting the Reds BP.
  5. That’s not really the Cubs MO, is it?
  6. AZ bullpen very Cub-like this evening. Up 4-1, the pen gave up 1 in the 8th, 2 in the 9th, and so far, 3 in the 10th , and the Reds have a man on and still nobody out. Looks like the Cubs will jump back into the #2 WC spot.
  7. I hope Wicks isn’t so amped ump for his first start that he overthrows the change up.
  8. Arizona and Milwaukee aren’t gonna lose again this season, are they?
  9. I know. I just mean they won today and there’s three left. Treat the weekend like a 3-game and win the series, meaning they win at least two of the three.
  10. Win the 3-game series this weekend and I’ll be very happy.
  11. Belli with another 2-out RBI, Cubs up 1-0 after 1 inning. Unless his demands are unreasonable, how do the Cubs not ding this guy in the offseason?
  12. A lefty on the mound for the Bucs, Seiya at DH, and Tauchman batting 9th in RF. Not a good look for Pat Wisdom.
  13. ^^^^that is hilarious!!!
  14. Agree with the first sentence. Don’t necessarily agree the last sentence. Taylor is in the last year of his rookie deal. It doesn’t appear that Indy is seeking to trade him. So it’s safe to assume they prefer to keep him. At a minimum, JT would be franchised the next two season which WILL pay him like a top 5 RB in the league. JT understandably wants the assurances before the season starts. I get why Indy is hesitant to jump right into an extension given JT’s injury history last season ultimately ending in off season ankle surgery. JT may not like it but those are the rules.
  15. JT’s agent’s throw down Twitter handle?
  16. I’m confused. Should I be encouraged or discouraged thru 2 innings pitched.
  17. ACubs Sunday game. A Smylie start. Double whammy!
  18. So what to do with Smylie now? I don’t see Jed DFA him. But if he can’t be trusted as a starter, given how he’s been dreadful in his first inning of work, how can he be trusted in any role coming out of the pen. Except maybe mop up duty in a blow out. I know there a big difference in starting a game versus relief but he has been awful in most innings of his very, very short outings. is he eligible to be sent down?
  19. Yeah, but about half of the comments weren’t really relevant after the third inning. It was was like trying to watch a movie with a couple of people continuously talking about the opening scene.
  20. Leading candidate is….Chris Getz?!?! Another internal Reinsdorf lapdog.
  21. Does Ross determine if a minor leaguer gets called up. I’m sure he can voice an opinion, but isn’t ultimately on Jed to make roster moves.
  22. I don’t agree with this at all regarding popularity of the two teams in the 70s. I grew up in the SW suburbs and I don’t recall things being overly skewed toward the WS. From 1970 thru 1980, the Cubs outdrew the WS in attendance every year except 1974 and 1977. And a few years it was by a considerable amount. And this was when the Cubs didn’t benefit from night baseball limiting who could attend games, especially in April - May and September. Also, the Cubs had the benefit of being on a much more regularly watched/popular television station in WGN. Harry went to the in 1975 (I think) but Jack already a Chicago icon. That all said, F the White Sox. I’m a hater because that’s how I was raised (although they’ve been almost exclusively irrelevant in my adult life).
×
×
  • Create New...